INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver 28.0.105 doesn't maintain audio / video display settings  (Read 1216 times)

JHR

• Junior Woodchuck
JRiver 28.0.105 doesn't maintain audio / video display settings
« on: February 02, 2022, 04:14:46 pm »

JRiver 28 doesn't seem to maintain "view" magnification from session to session when being used as a client of a remote JRiver library.

I have a Mac mini that I use connected to a TV. My music and video library is on a Windows JRiver server, so there's no local library on the Mac.
Every time it starts up, video & audio cover views are reset to a default (to the "smallest" thumbnail view), even when there's been no change on the server.

Is this a known issue? I can re-size the thumbnails, of course, but it would be nice for that resizing to "stick" so that when I re-start JRiver and connect to the library, the client would have the same magnification setting as it did before.

M1 Mac mini with Monterey 12.2
Sony TV; scaling is on in the display, set to 4K through HDMI
JRiver is hosting a remote library on my network (from a Windows server).

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: JRiver 28.0.105 doesn't maintain audio / video display settings
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2022, 10:31:54 am »

Try setting the size on the server.

It might also work if your clients are authenticated, but I'm not sure.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JHR

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: JRiver 28.0.105 doesn't maintain audio / video display settings
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2022, 03:57:34 pm »

Try setting the size on the server.

It might also work if your clients are authenticated, but I'm not sure.

Thanks--that did the trick!

I set a larger size on the server and it did change the size of thumbnails on the client!

But it's not how I expect the client to work. If you can change the settings on the view in the client, shouldn't it "stick" to that setting session to session? Why would it reset every time?

It means that if I use both, neither are set up optimally for viewing, since the two monitors / systems have different resolutions. Typically, I'd expect each client to keep its settings. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up