INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Missing Files  (Read 657 times)

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Missing Files
« on: February 18, 2022, 04:10:04 pm »

I appear to have done something that deleted some random files in my media collection.  They're all from files I recently added, so I'm guessing something in the copy process from my laptop to my server broke and I didn't notice.  They're all sitting in the trash, but with slightly different names (like they were duplicated: file name (1).flac, for example).  I think I found all of them, but there are a few thousand other things sitting in my trash, so I don't want to bulk restore.

I found this because I went to update tags on an album and it failed on one track because that file wasn't where it was supposed to be.  Is there a way in MC that I can test if the files are actually where the database thinks they are (in batch)?

Thanks!

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
Re: Missing Files
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2022, 04:21:23 pm »

I thought of something, but it didn't work how I wanted to.  I selected all files and chose Analyze Audio, thinking that if the file wasn't found, it would show with an error status in that window.  However, before Analyze Audio opened, I got a message that said something along the lines of 19 files could not be loaded - but it didn't tell me which 19.

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2022, 06:25:42 pm »

Quick update: I just did Analyze Audio on smaller subsets until I found the few albums I had missed, then manually recovered files.  Would be nice to have a quick way to see MC database entries that have missing files though.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2022, 06:55:20 pm »

You can pair isMissing() from the expression language with [Filename].

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2022, 11:03:49 am »

Thanks!  I put this in a smart list and verified I was missing a few other ones. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up