INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Version 10 : Customization Query  (Read 4814 times)

WTWASP

• Recent member
  • Sometimes I feel so incomplete...
Version 10 : Customization Query
« on: February 12, 2022, 12:17:39 am »

Okay, so, without judgment from the rest of you who eagerly upgrade everything all the time, I wanna put it out there right off the top, that I am STILL (HAPPILY) running an OLDER OPERATING SYSTEM (I won't say which one) and (HAPPILY) running the same old MC v10 install that I purchased back when it first came out.

I am happy with both, as I am a "if it aint broke, don't fix it" kind of person, so I would prefer not to hear any nags or pitches about upgrading (thanks in advance).
 8)

My question is about this particular version of MC (v10) :

Is there ANY POSSIBLE WAY that I, as an end user (and not terribly well-versed in coding  ? ), could MODIFY how my playlists' columns are aligned?

It bothers me how all columns are aligned to the LEFT, which makes anything with numerical values (track number, duration time, bitrate, etc) improperly aligned as these values increase with additional digits or change their "unit of measure" (i.e. filesizes of KB versus MB versus GB) ; as values increase and measures change, decimals and colons don't line up and it bugs me. (Yeah, maybe I have OCD - so what?)  ;D

I was hoping there might be a (SAFE) hack or other (SAFE) way to (SAFELY) edit one (or more?) of the install or customization (personal settings) files which dictates how these columns are aligned (Left, Right, or Center), so I might be able to modify selected (numerical value) columns and get them to align to the RIGHT (or even centered, should I find the need)?

I was even thinking about how to apply a change that would display the SAME UNIT OF MEASURE to all files and values, regardless of duration/size (i.e. a running time of 1:06:45 would display as 66:45, or a file size of 1.3 GB would display as 1300.00 MB - and these "uniform" values would have to include the decimal values, for anything smaller than 1MB - etc).

This is probably a bizarre inquiry/request, especially for a version or "build" that is so old, but I love customization and an orderly appearance in things, so this "small and odd" modification would be the finishing touch on an otherwise already awesome media player (on an already awesome though unjustly abandoned OS).

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.
 :)

~ WTW

W T WASP

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Version 10 : Customization Query
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2022, 02:01:27 am »

You would have to upgrade to get that. Right alignment was added in v19...
19.0.102 (1/2/2014)
1. NEW: TV season cover art is downloaded from TheTVDB.com.
2. Fixed: Handle leak in network functionality.
3. Changed: Numeric database fields are drawn right-aligned in Standard View.
4. Changed: Decimal database fields always show a fixed number of decimal places.
5. Fixed: Suggested choices in the dropdown when editing a decimal field are properly grouped, and don't show duplicate entries anymore.
6. Fixed: Downloaded Performer Store subscription tracks would sporadically show a licensing error (103).

I do not have time to investigate the "units" thing, which might be possible. Will try later for you if no-one else has stepped in.
Pages: [1]   Go Up