INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote not playing from MC28 on Ubuntu  (Read 1155 times)

SamNorthernlights

• Recent member
JRemote not playing from MC28 on Ubuntu
« on: February 12, 2022, 07:02:40 am »

Hi. I wonder if anyone can help. I am trialling JRiver media Centre 28 on my Ubuntu laptop to see if it might be a viable solution using JRemote to play to my audio endpoints around the house. I am using a wired network connection to the laptop.

I have successfully installed MC, it is running, library fully loaded, DLNA server up and running and I can play over the network to my Cambridge Audio CXN V2 from the laptop no problem. However when I use JRemote on my iPad I can see my library, I can see end points and select them, but when I hit play in an album……nothing at all. The album seems to load in the small play area at the bottom of the screen but it does not play. If I go back to the laptop I can still set things off playing to the CXN no problems.

Any thoughts?

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRemote not playing from MC28 on Ubuntu
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2022, 07:09:12 am »

This bug has already been fixed and will be available in 28.0.106 soon.

SamNorthernlights

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2022, 07:22:20 am »

Hi, BryanC. You replied so quickly (thank you!) and I was just about to edit my message. It is working. I seem to have build 28.0.61 (unless there is another number somewhere) and it must be fixed. I have just realised, and I don’t know why I didn’t notice it before now, that almost every album in my library has duplicate tracks and one of the duplicates will not play and the other does. So I need to figure out how to clean that up. I found it out when I by chance picked an album to try that has no duplicate tracks and it plays perfectly controlling from JRemote.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2022, 07:46:27 am »

There is a Duplicates smartlist in the Smartlists folder in the tree that can then be sorted by Filepath. It's likely that your duplicate entries correspond to files that no longer exist or have moved.

SamNorthernlights

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2022, 08:14:06 am »

Thanks I’ll check that out.

Perhaps you can help with something else. Now I have got streaming to my CXN working, the CXN is reporting it is getting the stream as mp3 320kB/s, but the remote and the laptop quite clearly show it is sending the files as 96kHz 24bit. I’ve checked the cog symbol on the laptop in the player and it does say no conversions and input/output are identical as 96kHz 24 bit. Odd!

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2022, 08:28:34 am »

In Settings>Media Network>Add or Configure DLNA servers is your DLNA server "Original Format" i.e. Audio>Mode: Original?

SamNorthernlights

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2022, 09:42:50 am »

Cheers, that was the problem. Lots to learn!
Pages: [1]   Go Up