INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows Explorer can't access Id  (Read 1853 times)

jhbeau

• Recent member
Windows Explorer can't access Id
« on: February 12, 2022, 04:07:08 pm »

I'm sure this is answered somewhere but I've spent days trying to find the solution.

I'm running Windows 10 and just received my ID back from JRiver with the latest update to ID 25.0.12, MC 28.0.87, and Engen 1.0.69. Of course, this update removed my library and I'm attempting to reinstall it from a backup. I've always been able to use Windows Drag and Drop to accomplish this without a problem. Unfortunately, it's not working and I can't find the issue preventing it. Explorer sees the ID, see screenshot below, but when double-clicked reports "Windows cannot access \\ID-94C6911XXXXX". It reports error 0X80070035. I've performed all suggestions from Microsoft regarding this error to no avail. Checked all changes suggested by Seisteve from this forum, again to no avail. In explorer, the ID appears under Computer, under Media Devices 3 times, and again under other devices. If I double-click on it under Media Devices or Other Devices they open with 'Panel'. If I attempt to open the ID using its IP address I get an error. Therefore I'm unable to see the file contents of the ID hard drive to find the 'Media" folder. I've spent literally two days on this and hours searching the forums for a solution. I'm totally stuck on what to do next. Your help is appreciated. Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Windows Explorer can't access ID
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2022, 04:14:07 pm »

I'm not sure, but you may have to turn on Network Sharing.  It's a security thing.  Try a Google search.

jhbeau

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2022, 04:38:09 pm »

I assume you're referring to network sharing. Somewhere in the forum that was suggested as a possible solution. That was probably done early on in my attempts to resolve this issue.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2022, 04:49:29 pm »

I assume you're referring to network sharing.
Yes.  Sorry.

JimH

• Administrator
Re: Windows Explorer can't access Id
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2022, 05:27:34 pm »

Try using the machine name.  This works for me:
\\Mabel

I then see two folders:  InternalStorage and ExternalStorage.

JimH

• Administrator

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2022, 05:45:12 pm »

This should work:

Windows Control Panel

Programs

Programs and Features

Windows Features

Turn on SMB 1.0

Reboot

In Explorer, choose Networking.  You should see the other machine.  It may take a little time.

jhbeau

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2022, 10:45:53 am »

Jim, thanks but all of the suggestions above have been tried at one time or another without luck. Thinking it might be an issue with the windows computer I'm using I tried to access the ID from another computer on my network and received the same results. The only thing I can do is open the ID with Panel which does not allow me access to the Media folder.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2022, 02:11:20 pm »

Jim, thanks but all of the suggestions above have been tried at one time or another without luck. Thinking it might be an issue with the windows computer I'm using I tried to access the ID from another computer on my network and received the same results. The only thing I can do is open the ID with Panel which does not allow me access to the Media folder.
Did you turn Samba on and reboot?

Can you see other computers on the network?

Josephine is my Id in the attached screenshot.

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2022, 02:30:48 pm »

The second screenshot shows "ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED" because you're trying to access the ID using a web browser, and there's no web server running on the ID. So it's unrelated to the other error.

To access the ID with Explorer (not Internet Explorer) you can try typing "\\192.168.1.225" on the Windows Explorer address bar (again, not on the browser), or on the Windows->Run dialog. However, you'll probably get the same error as in your first screenshot.

Accessing a remote file share can fail for many reasons. This page has several possible solutions for your specific error code (also read the comments, there are more solutions there):
http://woshub.com/error-code-0x80070035-network-path-not-found-windows-10/

Also, if you're using Wifi you may need to enable crosstalk between wifi clients on your Router.

jhbeau

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2022, 05:14:44 pm »

zybex: Thanks! You solved it! Followed the suggestions in your link, don't know what step solved it but it did. I owe you a beer. My backup transferred to the ID without an issue. I appreciate the time and expertise you and JimH took to help me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up