INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Duplicate files using move, copy, and replace  (Read 449 times)

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
Duplicate files using move, copy, and replace
« on: February 16, 2022, 11:01:47 am »

About a month ago, I moved all my music files using Rename, Move, & Copy file in MC28.

There was a glitch on one of the moves (I only did groups at a time in case something happened).

After the move there were a large number of duplicate files listed with the exact same path (the new drive).

I was able to figure out which listing was not needed by seeing which ones had playlists attached and other data and then grouping them.  Removed these files and everything basically works because I have selected "Ignore files previously removed from library" in auto-import.  These duplicates do NOT actually exist when you look in "Windows File Explorer".  There is only one file there in each instance.  Only MC28 sees the dupe for some reason.  Auto-import still sees them each time it's run, yet keeps only the file active that I didn't "faux" eliminate. 

Why does MC28 think there are two of these files and still finds two of these files?  Everything's working fine as far as the actual library because it's ignoring the faux files.  But auto-import still thinks they are there and somehow ignores the ones I eliminated.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
Re: Duplicate files using move, copy, and replace
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2022, 11:57:02 am »

Are you sure that the [Filename]s match exactly? Usually if there are duplicates, MC will perform an automatic rename by appending (1) to the filename. If you don't think this is the case, could you paste a screenshot of your duplicates showing the [Filename] fields? If you want to see the "missing" file entries you can show all files with "~d=a" in a search field. "Fix broken links" during auto-import can also sometimes help to clean this up.

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2022, 09:56:24 am »

Yep, exactly same filepath and filename.  It's a ghost file for some reason, which is what makes it strange. 

It's not effecting anything really except auto-import is saying it's skipping them.  Just a really strange quirk in the program. 

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2022, 10:57:42 am »

Are they in "removed"?

Code: [Select]
~d=r

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2022, 07:47:13 pm »

BryanC, Yes they are.  Thanks for that code, btw.
Pages: [1]   Go Up