INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: headless machine crashes with debian 11.2 and jriver 28  (Read 1149 times)

countryboy

• Recent member
headless machine crashes with debian 11.2 and jriver 28
« on: February 17, 2022, 02:30:40 pm »

I'm a newbie to jriver.  I recently did a desktop install of the latest jriver 28 onto a fresh debian 11.2 machine, standard desktop debian install.  I used the script "install MC" kindly provided by BrianC. The machine is an intel NUC10i7FNH, 32 GB with 1 TB SSD.  I nfs mounted my music repository to the new install, and successfully built the library, even did some editing.  The debian machine has no other 3rd party applications except whats in the standard desktop distribution.  Ran it for a couple of days to learn the JRiver interface and check stability, no issues.  Shut the machine down, brought it up headless, ssh'd in and things looked fine.  was just trying to figure out how to start jriver from the command line in linux, when it crashed.  It has since crashed pretty predictably after running for about 10 minutes, then starts fine.  This may be a debian problem, but thought I would start here.  looking at /var/log/messages, lots of errors and complaints from org.freedesktop.

I'm an old guy, started on unix before graphics.  I've done lots of *nix installs with a desktop environment, then run them headless.
suggestions/solutions?
Also, is there a pointer to a linux-specific discussion of starting and  running mediacenter headless using ssh/command line? Must be there, but my first search only turned up windows information (this would be a great HOW-TO).  (but gotta fix the stability/crash problem first). Thanks.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: headless machine crashes with debian 11.2 and jriver 28
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2022, 03:43:15 pm »

Check out installJRMC, specifically the --service jriver-xvnc option. It will create a headless vnc session that MC can run in. Let me know in that thread if you have issues.
Pages: [1]   Go Up