INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiple monitors playback and crashing Ubuntu Linux 20.04.3 LTS... Bug?  (Read 1087 times)

sci

Hi, Im running JR28 28.0.103 on a fresh install of Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS. System has a GTX 1080. Video driver version 510 pri tested.  Im seeing some odd behavior compared to my Windows 10 client install.  Im using a library from a different pc in the house so, JR is running as a client in Linux too.  When attempting to pause JR, if left paused too long the software will lock up and need to be killed.  Im using JRVR settings default out of the box.  I cant tell if its the video driver or JR's issue.  Im also seeing pop up menus in JR not refreshing, pop ups not populating unless minimized and restored or hovered over with a mouse for each item in the menu. I am doing all of this on one of my 3 PC monitors. None of which is the default monitor.  MC28 seems a bit happier on the default monitor.  OSD for the playback controls at the top of the screen during playback seem unresponsive to mouse roll over.  It takes at least 3 times of roving the mouse in that area to get the upper playback controls to appear.  Playback works.  Just the pause and menu issues.
Any help would be appreciated.
sci

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Multiple monitors playback and crashing Ubuntu Linux 20.04.3 LTS... Bug?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2022, 02:53:46 pm »

Hi, Im running JR28 28.0.103 on a fresh install of Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS. System has a GTX 1080. Video driver version 510 pri tested.  Im seeing some odd behavior compared to my Windows 10 client install.  Im using a library from a different pc in the house so, JR is running as a client in Linux too.  When attempting to pause JR, if left paused too long the software will lock up and need to be killed.  Im using JRVR settings default out of the box.  I cant tell if its the video driver or JR's issue.  Im also seeing pop up menus in JR not refreshing, pop ups not populating unless minimized and restored or hovered over with a mouse for each item in the menu. I am doing all of this on one of my 3 PC monitors. None of which is the default monitor.  MC28 seems a bit happier on the default monitor.  OSD for the playback controls at the top of the screen during playback seem unresponsive to mouse roll over.  It takes at least 3 times of roving the mouse in that area to get the upper playback controls to appear.  Playback works.  Just the pause and menu issues.
Any help would be appreciated.
sci
The standard stuff to check.
Make sure you aren't using a Nouveau X server (lots of missing features)
If you are using X over Wayland, remove wayland from the picrure (google is your friend here).
There is an option in MC to stop on a long pause for audio (and video as well). Perhaps toggle the state of that.

Pages: [1]   Go Up