INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unassigned in theater view  (Read 528 times)

CHaun

• World Citizen
Unassigned in theater view
« on: February 18, 2022, 01:48:37 pm »

I just came across this in one of my selections in theater view. A large number of the documentaries have fallen into an unassigned category and they don't appear that way in standard view. I've tried what I can think of, but I don't want to monkey with it anymore before I wind up screwing up the whole thing.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Unassigned in theater view
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2022, 02:12:36 pm »

Check the tags for Media Type and Media Sub-type.

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2022, 03:46:20 pm »

That edit search window is blocking the interesting part

CHaun

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2022, 07:34:42 pm »

Nothing to see here...move along =)

CHaun

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2022, 07:37:19 pm »

The media type on all of them is video. The subtype used to be a mix of movie and tv series. I suspected that might be to blame so I tried changing them all to Tv Series with no luck and now they are all subtype movies with no better luck. I'll have to go through them at some point and put them back to the way they originally belonged.

maid

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2022, 01:20:14 am »

Just a workaround but what i did was put them all to TV and for the odd Movie I downloaded all the info then added a series, same name as the movie and gave it a season 1 episode 1. then all mine were showing up.
I struggled with that same issue for months
Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2022, 01:46:10 am »

Okay, So you have probably created that TheaterView Documentaries using Standard View as a template and in that Standard View you have at least had some grouping categories which TheaterView inherits but isn't visible anywhere in the TheaterView anymore! (which is peculiar but it seems that this is the way MC import views from standard view )
Anyway...
If you show that Standard View's "Customize View" rule so then we can see the category groups and can figure out that some of your files (the unassigned) doesn't have tag value for that field. I think that this is what is going on.

The tag your unassigned files is missing is the tag which has value eg "discovery channel documentaries", "National Geographics" etc on some files. Filling that would raise the video from that unassigned category

CHaun

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2022, 08:35:19 am »

It does appear that the workaround by maid will work. I tried it on 2 files and they both left the unassigned group. Before I go through all of those files, I am attaching the pics of the standard view and theater view customize rules as well as tag info from 3 1/2 bullets (working) and 76 Days (unassigned) in the hopes of fixing it properly.

Thanks!

Pages: [1]   Go Up