INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media server stream slows down  (Read 440 times)

shAf

• Citizen of the Universe
Media server stream slows down
« on: February 18, 2022, 09:25:59 pm »

I’m trying to figure out why the data stream from the MC server slows down over my LAN, eventually to a crawl and the playing stops. It begins to happen after approximately 5 or 6 tracks, and there doesn’t seem to be anything I can do about it.

If I reset the mesh it may work for awhile but eventually the problem persists. Tonight, I’m not able to do anything at all. I reset the mesh… the 1st track won’t finish… I reset the ISP’s primary router… same problem… I had JRemote reset the server… the server didn’t come back and won’t wake.

It’s not a question of file size, because it affects MP3s as much as 24bit FLACs. Before you question my LAN’s bandwidth, I can easily switch over to the iPhone’s Music app and stream 24bit-96kHz all night long (currently listening to Jake Xerxes Russell’s self titled album). It only seems to involve JRemote’s stream over wifi to the server, and the server is hardwired to the mesh.

MC 28.0.106
Any thoughts?
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Media server stream slows down
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2022, 10:18:41 pm »

That sounds like a network configuration problem.

shAf

Re: Media server stream slows down
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2022, 05:27:51 am »

That sounds like a network configuration problem.

Thanks for your response, Jim

Do you mean with respect to configuring the server?  Has to be, because this is the only problem I’m having with my LAN…

The first thing I want to do this morning is figure out why the server wouldn’t restart after JRemote reset it. Nor will it ‘wake’ on demand. I’ll look at the server’s configuration to see if its configuration can be simplified, stripped to the bone, so to speak, and try again.

I see that your Wiki has a short mention of using Wireshark for debugging the server. I’ll look into that first to see if I can provide you with information on what’s happening with the current configuration…
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland
Pages: [1]   Go Up