INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Combining double CD's into one album with 2 disks  (Read 2061 times)

sygnus21

• Junior Woodchuck
Combining double CD's into one album with 2 disks
« on: February 19, 2022, 01:33:43 am »

Simple question... Currently double CDs are filed as individual disks. Is it possible to combine both disks into a single CD containing both disks - say a single CD showing disk 1 & 2?

I thought this was possible, but....

lepa

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Combining double CD's into one album with 2 disks
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2022, 01:49:08 am »

Yes. Remove disc number information from "album" tag and add disc number to "disc #" field instead.

sygnus21

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2022, 08:41:26 am »

Thanks, that worked.

sygnus21

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2022, 01:46:08 pm »

"Currently double CDs are filed as individual disks. Is it possible to combine both disks into a single CD containing both disks"

Ok, so I asked the question above and it was answered with "Yes. Remove disc number information from "album" tag and add disc number to "disc #" field instead.", which works, but that also assumes both CDs are using the exact same title - "Bob James the Legendary Albums". 

However, I'm wondering if it's possible to do the above while using different names? Example, I have a two-disk set by Bob James entitled "Bob James - One, Two, Three, and BJ4 - The Legendary Albums".  Disk 1 contains albums One & Two, Disk 2 contains Three and BJ4. I'd like to combine the CD into one disk where disk 1 is Bob James Legendary albums - One & Two, Disk 2, Bob James Legendary albums - Three & BJ4.

I have a number of multi-disk CDs like that, some containing 5 disks, so Is that possible?

Thanks

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2022, 05:59:46 am »

The way I do it is by adding a field/tag called Disc Title and use that to hold the "Disc Name" for each disc in a Multi-Disc Album where each disc has it's own name.
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

sygnus21

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2022, 12:14:27 pm »

The way I do it is by adding a field/tag called Disc Title and use that to hold the "Disc Name" for each disc in a Multi-Disc Album where each disc has it's own name.

Not sure I get you here. Can you post an image so I can get a clearer picture? Thanks.

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2022, 06:55:07 am »

In the attached image the "Disc Title" is in the 5th column, most of my Classical Music Boxsets have individual "names" for each CD plus three of them have over 100 CD's in the Boxset/Album.

In that situation where you have more than 1 album on each CD you can either put both "Original Album Names" in the Disc Title or you could put the name of the Original Album each Track is from in that field/tag.
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

sygnus21

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2022, 12:30:15 pm »

Thanks, but that image you posted is of no help to me. What I was looking for is clarity to what you said: The way I do it is by adding a field/tag called Disc Title and use that to hold the "Disc Name" for each disc in a Multi-Disc Album where each disc has it's own name. Thus, I was looking for an image of the tagging section of what you did.

I tried adding some stuff, but didn't get it, so an image of the tagging section of what you did would be of great help - where is this field you created placed and what does it look like?

Thanks.

sygnus21

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2022, 02:14:07 pm »

After re-reading your post, I get what you're saying now but that doesn't address what I want to do, so in the end I've come to the conclusion what I want can't be done... to have MC show one album containing four 4 disks with different names. Example Diana Ross' Forever 4-disk box set with each disk containing a different name: Forever - reflections, Forever - Reach Out and Touch, Forever - Chain Reaction, Forever - The Best Years of my Life.

And when I say one CD, I mean a single image of the Diana Ross box set containing all 4 disks. Yeah, I have this now, but that's because the disk names are the same - "Forever"; wanted to do this while using different disk names as explained above and shown below.

Pages: [1]   Go Up