INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to globally update the tag "Last Played (album)"? [SOLVED]  (Read 359 times)

markf2748

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
How to globally update the tag "Last Played (album)"? [SOLVED]
« on: February 21, 2022, 05:14:22 pm »

The tag "Last Played (album)" was introduced with MC28.  It updates date and time automatically to the same value in both Audio and Image sections of the MC library for tracks and image files that are side-by-side in the same album directory (my audio and image library search paths are identical).

I now find this tag populated with sensible date and time values for about 175 of my audio albums played over the last 8 months.
However, only about 25 of the corresponding image file tags (mainly the most recently played) have date and time values.  The other 150 image library tags say "never played".

Issue: How do I bring the 150 image library "Last Played (album)" tags back into sync with their audio counterparts?

Reference:  https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,129719.msg899989.html#msg899989

MC 28.0.106 on Win 11 Pro 64-bit.

markf2748

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to globally update the tag "Last Played (album)"? [SOLVED]
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2022, 04:25:23 pm »

Mostly solved by:

(1) Add new tag "TEMP" with Data Type = Decimal, Edit Type = Store one value for each album (Options>Library and Folders>Manage Library Fields ...)
(2) In my Recently Played (Audio) view, select all albums
(3) Copy tags "Last Played (album)" to "TEMP" (Tools>Library Tools>Move/Copy Fields ...)
(4) In my Recently Played (Image) view, select all
(5) Copy tags "TEMP" to "Last Played (album)" (Tools>Library Tools>Move/Copy Fields ...)
(6) Remove tag TEMP

Remaining discrepancies can be fixed by "manually" entering the image tag date and time values, after insuring Album and Artist tags are identical in both of my Recently Played views.
Confirmed that the "Last Played (album)" tag still works as expected.

Move/Copy Fields is a really valuable library tool  :)

I'm not sure how this issue arose in the first place, but I will watch it more carefully in the future.
Pages: [1]   Go Up