INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: jriver only plays mp3 files, no wav, wma, flac files. Any idea?  (Read 501 times)

bisiss

jriver only plays mp3 files, no wav, wma, flac files. Any idea?
« on: February 22, 2022, 10:14:24 am »

Thanks for your help
Guenter

terrym@tassie

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
Re: jriver only plays mp3 files, no wav, wma, flac files. Any idea?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2022, 04:31:59 pm »

No.

Seriously though, you need to provide more information if you want any help with this issue.

Are the files giving playback errors?

Are they not being imported?

What is the audio device?

Have a look at the wiki, the Audio Troubleshooting Guide may be a good place to start: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Audio_Troubleshooting_Guide

" I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours." -Jerome K. Jerome

bisiss

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2022, 11:30:51 am »

there are no playback errors indicated. After choosing a file (wac, flac or wma) the chosen track shortly appears in the top line of JRiver. A count down for a few seconds starts and then disappears from the top line. And no playback at all, even for a few seconds. Playing mp3 files is no problem. All music files are in the same folders on my PC. My system consists of my PC with all my music files, a router and a streaming Box (Cabasse the Pearl)-all in the same LAN. wiki did not help me.
All my music files all titles are played back via windows media player, no matter which file format.
Thank you for your fast answer and for your help.
Best regards Guenter

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2022, 01:38:29 pm »

It's very likely related to your network playback device (streaming box).  The configured DLNA profile is probably not compatible with your device.  You will probably need to pick a different DLNA profile.

There are people here that know a lot about that subject.

Good luck!
Brian.

terrym@tassie

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2022, 04:00:53 pm »

It's very likely related to your network playback device (streaming box).
I agree with Brian, to confirm the problem why not try playing the files to a local audio device on your PC, this will remove the network and streamer from the equation. If the files play OK locally then this will confirm you have a DLNA configuration issue.

I would also suggest either editing this topic title or starting a new topic with a title something like:
'Only able to playback mp3 files from MC28 to network streamer Cabasse the Pearl'

This may then get the attention of forum members who as Brian says 'know a lot about that subject'.
Sadly I'm not one of them...

Terry
" I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours." -Jerome K. Jerome
Pages: [1]   Go Up