INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

I am unable to mount my music folder into the created music folder in docker.

Do I start again any help would be appreciated
- 0 (0%)
Tried changing the permissions in the folder music
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver mc28 in Synology Nas  (Read 2193 times)

Topcat69RW

JRiver mc28 in Synology Nas
« on: February 24, 2022, 12:23:17 pm »

Downloaded docker and followed the instructions to create MC28 on my Synology. Which I eventually got to open by following other threads on this subject thanks, however I am unable to mount my music folder into the created music folder in docker. Am I following the procedure properly, I am new to docker and Linux?

max096

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
Re: JRiver mc28 in Synology Nas
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2022, 08:18:30 am »

I am unable to mount my music folder into the created music folder in docker

The folder gets "created" by mounting it more or less. You can pick any folder you want it does not have to be one specific folder. You canīt mount it at all or just not access it? The user in the container is normally set to 1000, you have to make sure whatever user that is on your docker host has access to the folder if not you can either give that user access or set the USER_ID environment variable to a different user for the container that does have access to the folder. This section here https://gitlab.com/shiomax/jrivermc-docker#permission-problems explains how you can figure out what user id(s) your user(s) have on your host and how you can configure that.

Topcat69RW

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2022, 08:37:41 am »

Thanks Max, I went onto SynoForum.com which had useful videos on how to get my id, this has now been changed and I can access my music and video files, however I have no sound and the video playback is poor.

max096

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2022, 04:18:00 pm »

Thanks Max, I went onto SynoForum.com which had useful videos on how to get my id, this has now been changed and I can access my music and video files, however I have no sound and the video playback is poor.

If you want sound from the container directly (not over media network) you have to expose /dev/snd to the container (https://gitlab.com/shiomax/jrivermc-docker#sound). ALSA needs to be working on the host test if that works there first all the ALSA settings you are also gonna do on the host not the container. Not sure how you are playing video though? Over VNC itīs always gonna be bad. If you are streaming it to another jriver instance and decoding on the synology it has to have enough raw CPU performance to decode it as the container currently does not support any kind of GPU acceleration. Decoding on the CPU can be quite heavy. You either need enough CPU performance on your synology or decode on the client.

Topcat69RW

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2022, 05:56:53 am »

Thanks for the information Max.
One more question I have a master licence for Windows and Linux where do I put the licence for the Linux version?

max096

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2022, 08:12:42 am »

Thanks for the information Max.
One more question I have a master licence for Windows and Linux where do I put the licence for the Linux version?

You can do the same as on Windows in the web GUI / novnc client you have a clipboard thing to copy the key if you don't wanna type it. MJR file activation is a bit more complicated if you need to go that route for some reason there are instructions on how to do that in the readme on gitlab oder dockerhub too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up