INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote artist name display  (Read 1126 times)

eruse

• Recent member
JRemote artist name display
« on: February 05, 2022, 03:11:31 pm »

Hi-
I've added an "Artist Sort" tag to all of the files in my library so that I can sort the files by an artist's last name.  For example, the Artist Sort tag for Neil Young is "Young Neil" and the tag for The Rolling Stones is "Rolling Stones The."  To sort the library, I added the "Artist Sort" tag to the "Sort by" "Custom" option in the library.  I am using thumbnail views in the library and the text of the artist's name under the thumbnail displays as, for example, Neil Young and The Rolling Stones, not by the way the text is entered in the Artist Sort tag.  That is as I want it.

To sort the library similarly in JRemote, I had to replace the "Album Artist (auto)" category in the "Customize views for JRemote" option with "Artist Sort" (see picture).  However, the text under the thumbnail views (or list view) in JRemote displays the artist's last name first.  Is there a way to change the text so that it displays as Firstname Lastname, such as in the "Album Artist" tag, but keep the sort order by last name?

Thanks for the help.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRemote artist name display
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2022, 02:11:58 pm »

You should be able to do this by changing the Artist Sort field to an expression.  That is, edit the Artist Sort category in the view and choose Expression on the left.  Set the "Expression to group by" to [Artist Sort] and "Expression to display" to [Artist] or [Album Artist (auto)].
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

eruse

• Recent member
Re: JRemote artist name display
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2022, 06:11:12 pm »

Thanks for the reply.

That worked for the JRemote thumbnail view.  But the other two views (list and small thumbnail + list) no longer sort by Last Name, First Name.  They sort by First Name, Last Name.

I'm pretty sure using the Artist Sort option in the "Show Categories in This Order" box and setting the "Set Rules for Files Display..." to "Artist Sort is not empty" with "No modification" worked in JRemote 3.33.  In other words, I do not recall using the Artist Sort field as an expression strategy before.
Pages: [1]   Go Up