INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MO 4Media Audio Problem  (Read 1136 times)

Dazed and Confused

• Recent member
MO 4Media Audio Problem
« on: February 24, 2022, 05:40:48 pm »

I have MO 4Media installed on 2 Shields.  The first Shield is connected via HDMI to a Marantz SR7015 receiver, and the second Shield is connected via HDMI directly to a TV.  I have some home movies that play fine, both audio and video, on the Shield connected directly to a TV.  However, when played on the Shield connected to the receiver, there is no audio.  MO 4Media shows the audio as mp4a-latm (1 channels, und).  Tried both Android System and Exo audio player and same results.  It makes no difference whether “Decode Unsupported Audio” is checked or unchecked.  The key seems to be audio that is 1 channel, as I’ve have lots of home movies with 2 channel audio that play fine.

Dazed and Confused

• Recent member
Re: MO 4Media Audio Problem
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2022, 06:27:41 am »

***UPDATE***
I came across a file whose audio plays fine on the receiver and MO 4Media shows it as mp4a-latm(1 channels, ''').  Assuming "und" means undefined, what is that indicating?  Is there a way to modify these "und" files so that the audio plays correctly on the receiver?

cncb

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MO 4Media Audio Problem
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2022, 07:33:35 am »

I think undefined refers to the audio "Language" (e.g., not marked as English).  I have seen this happen with some of my videos as well but the audio seems identical in ones that have sound and the ones that don't work.  Sorry, I have not been able to figure this one out.  For a workaround, you can set it to convert these files so you get audio.  Go into the app settings and add the file extension to the video file types to convert.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP
Pages: [1]   Go Up