INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Figured out ripping, can't get usb superdrive to burn  (Read 1126 times)

jmrdc

• World Citizen
Figured out ripping, can't get usb superdrive to burn
« on: March 01, 2022, 05:23:59 am »

Hi,

I'm running Big Sur 11.6.4 on a 2020 iMac. As the title says, ripping is figured out, but can't get my SuperDrive to burn if it's even possible at this point.  Have read a lot of the other postings, but am not getting the "burn" option in the lower left-hand column. Using .105 build.  Thanks for any help.

JMR

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Figured out ripping, can't get usb superdrive to burn
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2022, 09:34:20 am »

MC for Mac does not support burning.  Full stop.

I have done a small amount of burning from my MC library to a CD as an audio CD.  My best overall experience has been with XLD.  XLD is mostly a ripping tool, but it also has the ability to load a folder as a disc and then a little button that says "burn", which will burn that imaginary disc (the files in the folder) as an Audio CD.  It works very well.

Another alternative is the Mac program simply called "Burn".  It's easy to find with a web search.  The problem for me with Burn is that it does NOT support FLAC.  It supports MP3, AAC, and many other common audio file formats, but not FLAC.  Almost my entire library is FLAC, so it's essentially useless for me unless I do whacky conversions.  I've done those conversions and it's not fun. 

Using XLD has been my best overall solution, but Burn might also be good for you.

Best of luck,
Brian.

jmrdc

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2022, 11:45:22 am »

Perfect!  Thanks, Brian. I'll look into those programs, as well. I know I've had XLD and liked it, but didn't know it'll burn.

Cheers!
Jeff

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2022, 12:08:47 pm »

XLD's burn feature does not seem to be widely publicized or known.  In the following screen shot, see the burn button at the upper right corner of the main window.

https://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/images/1/17/Screenshot2.jpg

You will want to use: File > Open Folder as a Disc .

Brian.

jmrdc

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2022, 06:05:08 pm »

Well, it worked perfectly for me.  Thanks for the heads up.  Also, I forgot I have Toast Titanium and DBPoweramp.  Both will also burn CD's....but aren't free.  Just for reference.

Thanks again!
Pages: [1]   Go Up