INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 28 is Shuffling the Track Order of Ripped CD's  (Read 464 times)

handle22

• Recent member
Media Center 28 is Shuffling the Track Order of Ripped CD's
« on: March 01, 2022, 09:00:39 pm »

I just installed Media Center 28 on my Windows 10 desktop.  I ripped a CD to the C Drive and the tracks show in proper order on the Media Center Control Panel's playlist but are being stored in a shuffled order when I open up the file and look at the tracks in the file that was created on the C Drive.  When I transfer the ripped CD from the C Drive onto my music player, the files that come over are shuffled in the same manner they were stored on the C: Drive.

For example, the CD I ripped has the 10 tracks stored on the C Drive in order of 7, 3, 2, 5, 10, 4, 1, 6, 9 and 8.

I looked around for a setting adjustment to allow me to have the files on the C Drive stored in the proper order as they are on the CD but came up empty.  I am thinking it is a simple fix but need help.  Thanks very much in advance for whatever assistance you can provide.

handle22

• Recent member
Re: Media Center 28 is Shuffling the Track Order of Ripped CD's
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2022, 01:37:30 pm »

I want to report that I was able to resolve my problem with the shuffling of the track order of ripped CD's.   I discovered that I had this same problem in 2016 and was able to get help and resolve it back then.  The same solution worked in 2022 in Media Center 28.

The solution was to go into "Tools" and then select "Options". 

The next step was to select "File Location" and to next select "Audio CD Rips and Podcasts"

For the "Filename Rule"   I had to select one of the choices that included "Track #" and then click "OK."  The one I chose was {Artist}-{Album}-{Track #}-{Name}

Hopefully this will be of help to someone else that has this same issue.
Pages: [1]   Go Up