INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gapless and DSD Playback on Sonica DAC  (Read 1868 times)

normd

• Recent member
Gapless and DSD Playback on Sonica DAC
« on: March 03, 2022, 11:25:56 am »

I finally have both Gapless and DSD Playback on my OPPO Sonica DAC.  I have searched the forums and picked up bits and pieces for the solution, so I thought I would share my learnings here. This may be applicable to other DACs.

Objective: Play albums as they were intended with no gaps between tracks (e.g. Dark Side of the Moon) and also DSD256 recordings with maximum output to the DAC (11 Mhz).

Equipment: Mac mini accessing music files on a Synology NAS and an OPPO Sonica DAC. The Mini and DAC are connected directly by USB (important). The MC on the Mini is controlled by JRemote (DNLA).

Options/Audio set Audio Device to OPPO Sonica DAC USB Audio 2.0 DAC [Core Audio]. Under Device Settings set both Open device with exclusive access and Integer Mode.  I set "gapless" everywhere I could find it. In DSP Studio I sent Output Encoding to None. Set Bitstreaming to DSD, Check Do not play silence and check Use Gapless for sequential track changes.  I'm not sure all of these are needed, but they work for me.

I hope that helps others.

Pages: [1]   Go Up