INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any tips using MC28 with Lumin app?  (Read 388 times)

Dr.Funk

• Junior Woodchuck
Any tips using MC28 with Lumin app?
« on: March 04, 2022, 11:54:04 pm »

Hi Guys,

I have recently bought a second hand Lumin A1 streamer and I am using their Lumin App on a Samsung tablet.

I previously had a Cambridge Audio CXN and used the StreamMagic app on the same tablet, without any major glitches.
Pixel Magic, who make the Lumin app suggest using Minimserver; which I installed to audition.

MinimServer is extremely picky and it's display of the PC library is full of errors, and deletions. When using its search function to find an album or artist it throws up multiple choices whilst scrambling the cover art to the point that it's just about unusable.

Using MC 28, my preference, I find many options are still there but buried. I have most success using Folder View, which is what I used before with my CXN; but sometimes the Folder Icon just does not present itself.

Are there Lumin owners here that have any tips or suggestions to make my interaction with the Lumin app better?
Thanks
Andy

Sky King

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Any tips using MC28 with Lumin app?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2022, 07:29:07 am »

I've had Lumin equipment for quite a while and moved from the A1 to the S1 and then to the X1.  The Lumin app worked fine for me but had some quirks and I ultimately decided to install and use JRemote on my iOS devices which I preferred to.

Dr.Funk

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Any tips using MC28 with Lumin app?
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2022, 08:00:05 am »

Hi Sky King,

How did the JRemote improve things?

I am on Android so not sure if the difference would be the same?

The guy I bought my A1 from has gone up to an S1, which he bought from his mate, who went up to an X1!
Cheers
Pages: [1]   Go Up