INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: code xtream iptv  (Read 3332 times)

hegy bruno

• Recent member
code xtream iptv
« on: March 06, 2022, 12:28:13 am »

bonjour cela serais bien de pouvoir utilise des codes xtream pour iptv merci d'avance cdt

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: code xtream iptv
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2022, 10:21:13 am »

I have done a search of "xtream code" and got some links talking about EU crackdown on it.  It appears to be illegal?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

mikl71

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2023, 04:11:18 am »

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2023, 05:07:59 am »

That's like the argument that TorrentBay is legal (which it is, in many countries) because it only shares links, not the files themselves. XTream-Codes is used for one thing only.

That said, there are plenty of legal tools and apps that accept xtream codes, even shipped on TVs with SmartOS like LG and Samsung. XTream is basically just a minimal API to get a channel list and EPG with a given username and password.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2023, 10:31:15 am »

Thanks.  A couple of years back, when I tried to search for info about XTream Codes, Google refused to give me any useful information, other than links that say "EU cracking down" on it.

Now the water seems to be a little clearer (but not totally clear), I will look into this and see what I can do.  Hopefully I will be able to search and find more technical information on it.

By the way, is it "XTream-Codes" or "XStream-Codes"?  In the above-linked article, the title says "Xstream", but in the body of the article it is "Xtream" in multiple places.

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2023, 10:42:40 am »

Xtream-codes.

For a time there was an xtream-codes sites that also sold pirate IPTV bundles (taken down 2 years ago). However the term 'xtream-codes' nowadays usually refers to an URL/API/Portal that IPTV providers (usually illegal) can give their customers to login and get the m3u/epg.

https://www.techtypical.com/blog/xtream-codes-iptv-crackdown/

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2023, 11:33:09 am »

However the term 'xtream-codes' nowadays usually refers to an URL/API/Portal that IPTV providers (usually illegal) can give their customers to login and get the m3u/epg.

Let's say, the IPTV service is completely legal and they give their subscribers an m3u URL and EPG, what do we need to do to let MC users to watch shows in MC?  Shouldn't that already work?

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2023, 12:06:18 pm »

Yes, it works fine. Some Xtream platforms usually provide a way for users to customize the M3U (like, which channels they want, create groups, etc), and even merge m3u's from multiple sources into a single one; but in the end it's just about retrieving an m3u/epg. Almost all services provide both an m3u link (with user/pass embedded in the URL), and an xtream-codes login (with the same user/pass, just not in the url). They are perfectly equivalent, minus the portal features to manage your m3u.

IMHO, don't bother. I'd prefer to see better features in MC to manage the channel list/groupings there (or maybe they're there already :P I don't really use the TV features, aside from a test run a few months ago, as you know)

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2023, 12:30:45 pm »

Thanks.

mikl71

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2023, 02:00:27 am »

Xtream-codes.

For a time there was an xtream-codes sites that also sold pirate IPTV bundles (taken down 2 years ago). However the term 'xtream-codes' nowadays usually refers to an URL/API/Portal that IPTV providers (usually illegal) can give their customers to login and get the m3u/epg.

https://www.techtypical.com/blog/xtream-codes-iptv-crackdown/

Hi,

Thanks... Xteam codes API allows you to load lists of channels (which are currently getting longer) much faster than an m3u. We can indeed find some applications that already use it but they do not offer the same level of stream processing as jriver. If we could find this API in the MC, I think it could interest a lot of new users (as I notice in other forums), this service is currently in great progression.

Regards,

Mikl71
Pages: [1]   Go Up