INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Counting individual fields (and files) that have data in them.  (Read 527 times)

mvandyke

• World Citizen

I have a lot of custom fields and I'm trying to find and automated way to count the individual number of files in each of these fields.  I can do it manually but I literally have 100+ custom audio fields and I'm updating them from time to time.

I tried using the GroupQuery function and the GroupCount with limited success.  They do count the "unique" data in the fields but not the total number of files.  For example in my Brass field it lists 2920 (see attachement) but those are 2920 unique definitions not total number of tracks which is 46000.  For example Abe Most [Sax (Alto), Saxophone) takes up 17 individual songs but only one of the 2920 unique settings in the Brass field.

In a perfect world I would have the total number of tracks defined All Files with Brass (46000), (2920) where the 46000 is the total number of tracks that have some type of data in the Brass field and 2920 represents 2920 different subsets of that data.

I've tried tracks, filekey and other variable but unable to get the data that I need.  I don't have to do this in the Panes view but found a thread that was using that as an example:

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=122303.0

It would be nice if something like this function was an option in Benchmark, System Info or even in the Manage Library Fields (Show total)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Matt

Pages: [1]   Go Up