INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crash issues, please help  (Read 1113 times)

Denti

• Citizen of the Universe
Crash issues, please help
« on: March 07, 2022, 12:24:57 pm »

I’ve been having issues with MC for a while now: when I play a music file (any, though most are FLAC or DSD) and I pause it for longer than a minute or so, when I unpause it often crashes. When I start it up again and try to play the same file it crashes every time until I restart. Any idea how I could get to the bottom of this?

Windows 10

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Crash issues, please help
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2022, 12:33:23 pm »

A few details might help.

Most common causes of crashes are antivirus and drivers.

Denti

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2022, 01:25:01 pm »

Right, drivers are for an external DAC. How would I determine what’s causing the crash? DAC is a Gustard X20. What other details do you need?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2022, 01:44:42 pm »

Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Denti

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2022, 04:37:30 pm »

Ok, this took a while, sorry. The first log is from yesterday when I was trying unsuccessfully to replicate the problem. While waiting with the music on pause I was looking around in the settings and at one point I selected Audio and it crashed. Not the usual problem, but a problem nonetheless. I tried over and over to replicate the problem by pausing the music, waiting different lengths of time and the restarting. It worked fine every time.

The other is from today (just now). I wasn't planning on testing it, but had paused the music and taken the dog out. When I returned I hit play to restart and it crashed. This is what has been happening pretty regularly these past few weeks.

Denti

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2022, 04:41:57 pm »

And here are two more from just now. I simply restarted MC and tried playing a file of music. Each time it crashed. I have had to restart to get it working again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up