INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Web Remote for MC 9.0  (Read 1110 times)

sub-24

• World Citizen
  • It Happens
Web Remote for MC 9.0
« on: March 17, 2003, 10:56:53 am »

Ive been telling you for ages that the Web Remote Plug-in for MC 9.0 is a bit on the iffy side and i now see you have removed it from the plug-ins section.

When do you think it may re-appear in MC 9.0 format.

Also i have been thinking of my own design of remote for MC 9.

How do the mjextman commands work. I had a quick look and the command look okay but i cant quite figure out how to select tracks from the library.

Basically i want to control my main PC from my Ipaq - not fussed for fancy graphics etc. Just want something that works.

Cheers.

Listening to: 'Union Square' from 'Rain Dogs' by 'Tom Waits' on Media Center 9.0

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Web Remote for MC 9.0
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2003, 12:14:44 pm »

It is a bit on the iffy side, but it still works in MC9 (at least with build 129). You have to do some registry hacking to get it to work. I figured it out in:

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=beta;action=display;num=1047445142

As for the mjextman MCC control parameters, make sure you see:

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=beta;action=display;num=1047347478

There currently isn't a way to select individual tracks from the library and send them to playlists/playing now. There's a lack of navigation control and "Send To..." options.

Your best bet is to use the /TREEPATH parameter and specify a playlist in the node for the time being.

Best,
Brad

PhatPhreddy

• Cosmic Comic
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2003, 04:57:48 pm »

Have you looked at netremote with MC ? It was my understanding that was precisely its function...
Phreddy@PhatPhreddy.net ICQ# 168975535
HTPC Front ends  

sub-24

• World Citizen
  • It Happens
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2003, 11:00:09 pm »

Netremote uses the same plugin as web remote.

Until this plugin in updated for V9 neither of these will work.

PhatPhreddy

• Cosmic Comic
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2003, 11:12:37 pm »

Damn... Does Ben know ?

Last I heard he was the official maintainer of the updated WebRemote plug in...
HTPC Front ends  

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2003, 04:22:34 am »

Ben knows. there's been some discussion on the NetRemote webboard.

In fact, he said:
I just fixed the WebRemote code to install to both registry areas, for now. It also includes a fix by Warren for a buffer overflow issue.

You should be able to download from the main page and have it install correctly for all versions, now.

So until JRiver gets its version up-to-date, you can get the working WebRemote plugin from http://www.netremote.org

However, I don't think NetRemote allows you to add things to the playlists with the built in driver--I don't see that command as an option in the command list. With MJ8, you could hack together something with Girder and the HidePopup remote (I did), but it isn't elegant. MC9 doesn't allow this yet with the MCC control commands.

Best,
Brad

PhatPhreddy

• Cosmic Comic
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2003, 04:55:03 pm »

Ahh OK my miss understanding... I would always assume that netremote or Glissando etc would need the WebRemote made for it, but miss understood which side was broken (old / new rebremote v MC)...

The WebRemote is actually very important to me and a lot of others... It opened up so much control possibilities...  
HTPC Front ends  
Pages: [1]   Go Up