INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver OpenSUSE webpages won't work due to missing ssl cert symlinks [SOLVED]  (Read 858 times)

drmimosa

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

I'm installing MC29 on openSUSE Tumbleweed via BryanC's installJRMC. Posting a solution to a thorny and specific problem here, in case someone else encounters the same thing.

Web page viewing (affecting CloudPlay, Drives and Devices, and perhaps other features), and copy-paste license install was not working. The error message was "Webpage viewing is not supported by this platform". Searching the forums I found that this is caused by the location of specific ssl certificates in openSUSE Tumbleweed:

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,120866.msg835672.html#msg835672

The above post gave the info I needed to try this command:

Code: [Select]
sudo ln -s /var/lib/ca-certificates/ca-bundle.pem /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt
This set up a correct symlink in the right place, and everything seems to be working now.

drmimosa

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Just want to add a note that I am far from a Linux expert, just a boot-strap tinker-er, and while this worked for me, I have only tried it on one machine/OS.

It *should* work for others, but since TW is a rolling distribution the certificate location could change in a future update, or have been in a different location prior to my system snapshot.
Pages: [1]   Go Up