INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW: Spotlight  (Read 28187 times)

cncb

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: NEW: Spotlight
« Reply #200 on: December 01, 2022, 11:35:32 am »

Build 38 will use the skin-defined image for missing audio thumbnails.  It still uses a rounded solid border which is useful for the default image, but let me know if you want this removed.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

markf2748

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #201 on: December 12, 2022, 01:47:21 pm »

Build 38 will use the skin-defined image for missing audio thumbnails.  It still uses a rounded solid border which is useful for the default image, but let me know if you want this removed.
Short answer:  Remove it.
Long answer:
1) 1st screenshot: MC.0.33 Spotlight missing-audio thumbnail showing your rounded solid gray border (skin: MC supplied Black on Black).

2) 2nd screenshot:  MC 30.0.40 with my custom 512x512 NoThumbAudio.png which has transparent corners, showing dark corner "artifacts".   I can redraw my plate background to match your corners and eliminate the "artifacts".  However, for greater design flexibility, I prefer that you remove the rounded solid border.

3) 3rd attachment:  A border-less example that currently does not maintain its appearance in Spotlight.  Due to rounded corners and plate color it always shows with artifacts and a light gray border in Spotlight.

Thanks.

markf2748

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #202 on: December 12, 2022, 05:35:03 pm »

Additional weirdness when using custom 512x512 NoThumbAudio.png:
1) Introduce new custom NoThumbAudio.png and run Spotlight on Album1.  The new missing thumbnail image appears.  Good.
2) Introduce a different custom NoThumbAudio.png and run Spotlight on Album1.  The previous custom missing thumbnail image from 1) appears, not the new image as one would expect.  Very bad.
3) Now run Spotlight on Album2 (by a different artist).  The new missing thumbnail image is that from 2).  Good.
4) Now reuse new custom image from 1).  Run Spotlight.  Album2 retains it custom missing thumbnail image from 2).  Very bad.
etc etc

A given album seems to remember the first custom missing image thumbnail and uses it forever more, even after a different custom missing image thumbnail is introduced.
Yes, I stopped all MC processes, even rebooted, and this "remembering" situation still holds.
What the heck is going on here?

MC 30.0.40  Windows 11 Pro

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #203 on: December 12, 2022, 09:21:33 pm »

The Spotlight pages are cached so you need to clear this when making visual changes.  Click the "Update" link at the bottom of the page and then "Clear All".

markf2748

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #204 on: December 12, 2022, 10:40:18 pm »

The Spotlight pages are cached so you need to clear this when making visual changes.  Click the "Update" link at the bottom of the page and then "Clear All".
Great, though it cost me a few hours, I'm glad the solution is already built in!  :)
Note:  On first try the "Update" link did not work (no Spotlight popup menu).  After computer reboot it is working fine.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #205 on: December 13, 2022, 08:59:12 am »

Note that the cache is automatically cleared when you switch skins so this is another way to do it.

markf2748

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #206 on: January 12, 2023, 11:40:27 pm »

Quote from: cncb on December 01, 2022, 11:35:32 am

Short answer:  Remove it.
Long answer:
1) 1st screenshot: MC.0.33 Spotlight missing-audio thumbnail showing your rounded solid gray border (skin: MC supplied Black on Black).

2) 2nd screenshot:  MC 30.0.40 with my custom 512x512 NoThumbAudio.png which has transparent corners, showing dark corner "artifacts".   I can redraw my plate background to match your corners and eliminate the "artifacts".  However, for greater design flexibility, I prefer that you remove the rounded solid border.

3) 3rd attachment:  A border-less example that currently does not maintain its appearance in Spotlight.  Due to rounded corners and plate color it always shows with artifacts and a light gray border in Spotlight.

Thanks.

JRiver Media Center 30.0.48 for Windows -- Available Here
30.0.42 (12/14/2022)
6. Changed: Missing thumbnail image in Spotlight Artist page no longer has a border.

Thanks for removing the border in today's release.  Attachment shows how my custom Missing Thumbnail Image (NoThumbnailAudio.png) blends in nice and smoothly without a border in Spotlight, yet the message remains very clear.

markf2748

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #207 on: February 11, 2023, 11:41:34 am »

Occasionally Spotlight displays a White Thumbnail as shown in attached screenshots.

What is the meaning of the White Thumbnail, as opposed to the customizable NoThumbAudio.png which is typically displayed for a missing thumbnail (as in my previous Reply #206)?

Is there a customization option for the White Thumbnail to make its meaning clearer?  I have not been able to locate this image in the MC Data folders.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #208 on: February 14, 2023, 09:28:47 am »

Occasionally Spotlight displays a White Thumbnail as shown in attached screenshots.

What is the meaning of the White Thumbnail, as opposed to the customizable NoThumbAudio.png which is typically displayed for a missing thumbnail (as in my previous Reply #206)?

The source (Google) is supplying a default thumbnail for these cases.  Not sure why.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up