INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.0.129 beta  (Read 14573 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.0.129 beta
« on: March 14, 2003, 10:57:20 am »

Media Center 9.0.129 beta is available.

Many things will crash and not work.  If that worries you, please wait for a couple of weeks.

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter90129.exe  

Changes

1. Changed: MCC windows message number changed -- now works well with Girder.
2. Fixed: Multimedia keys and Ctrl+Alt+F12 didn't work.
3. Changed: Removed "Add (replace)" from the Playing Now send to menu -- still not sure what it did.
4. Changed: Added "Add (shuffled)" and "Add (shuffle all)" to the Playing Now send to menu.
5. Fixed: File associations in install wizard were displayed incorrectly.
6. Fixed: Chipmunk sounds when burning a CD from mono sources.
7. Changed: MP3 plugin now seeks more accurately in CBR files.
8. Fixed: Statusbar would not skin properly on non-XP systems.
9. NEW: Added default skinned scrollbars that match a skins color scheme. (for older skins that don't supply scroll bars)
10. Fixed: Ctrl+V, Ctrl+C, Ctrl+A, Ctrl+Y, and Ctrl+Z would fire globally instead of locally when in data entry boxes.
11. Fixed: Playing Now "Update Playback Order" wasn't working properly.
12. Changed: Alt+Enter toggles properties, instead of just leaving it open.
13. Fixed: "View Filter" wasn't being used when displaying smartlists.
14. Changed: More menu reorganization.
15. Fixed: Tree could get "stuck" on certain items after showing the right click menu.
16. Fixed: When a CD was not found in YADB, the CD submission dialog was not getting displayed.
17. Fixed: Get image from the Internet did not work.
18. Fixed: "View Filter" would not work as expected with complex views / searches.
19. NEW: Added a "no thumbnail" image.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Media Center 9.0.129 beta
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2003, 11:10:58 am »

UPDATED 3:09 CST -- DOWNLOAD AGAIN IF YOU DOWNLOADED BEFORE THIS

michel

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2003, 11:13:03 am »

I cannot type most of characters based on 'Alt Gr' (on an Azerty keyboard) such as [ { @ (since build 127). I can past them though.

Bar customization is lost installing 129.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2003, 11:20:06 am »

I cannot type most of characters based on 'Alt Gr' (on an Azerty keyboard) such as [ { @ (since build 127). I can past them though.

We'll fix this next build.  Us silly Americans and our one Alt key...

Bar customization is lost installing 129.

This may happen for a few builds.  Everything in this area is still changing.

ZRocker

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2003, 11:23:14 am »

Well?
1. Will the Recently Imported toolbar icon ever make a return?  I used that one a lot :(

mkutsen

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2003, 11:32:40 am »

1) The toolbar is still reset to default as soon as you right click on it or open the culsomize dialog box, even if you don't change anything. (This is pretty annoying, hope you guys fix this in the next build!)

2) The scroll wheel scrols the whole screen after rolling the scroll wheel just one notch in Mini-Me skins.  (this is new in the last three builts)

3) It would be cool if the button tool bar could be disconnected and docked in other places.    

4) Direct Sound only outputs to the front two channels bypassing the Audigy Surround Sound and digital effects software.  If I attempt to use the MC9 DSP effects and JRSS, it does map to all of my 4 channels, but sounds like crap -- lots of crackling.      

5 ) ASIO crashes about a minute into an internet audio stream (MP3 web radio), or if you click on another link while playing a stream.  

6) There are two different TV buttons in the toolbar.

7) The 'Playing now' and 'Media Library' button graphics are not consistent with the tree graphics.      

Media Center Registered 9.0.129 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\      

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)      
Intel Pentium 4 2782 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 303 MB      

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)      
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer      

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max      
 Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max      
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767      
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   C:\WINDOWS\Media\notify.wav      

Burning /  Drive D: SONY     DVD+RW  DRU-120A   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:12  MaxSpeed:12  Use MJ Engine:Yes      
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes      
 Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None

michel

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2003, 12:07:01 pm »

(not 129 specific)

Tagging progress windows is no more refreshed if MC losses the focus, even after to give again the focus to MC. It is annoying in case of long tagging as you have no more "progress information" during a long time.

michel

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2003, 12:19:06 pm »

It is not possible to select a view scheme: if you click one, it expands but the selection skips to 'Media Library'.

(so it is not possible to get the number of files corresponding to a view scheme, for example)

matshif

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2003, 12:51:48 pm »

Hi

What happened to build .128?

I have no Licence reg.. in Help menu any longer.

Something new?

Mats

rocketsauce

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2003, 01:16:55 pm »

Now that I've finally moved up from 9.0.120, I'm playing around with some of the new features. I have some issues with the new method of sorting, but not sure if they are bugs are the way it was intended to work.

The old method seemed to be a kind of smart sorting, meaning that files would be sorted in a manner that was logical with the currently selected view scheme or node within a view scheme. Now, the new method seems to apply the same sorting for a view scheme and all nodes underneath that view scheme, whether or not that sorting is logical for a particular node.

Hopefully I can clarify. If I click on:

Media Library | Audio - I see all tracks in the library sorted by name, which is good :)

...Audio | Artist/Album - I still see all tracks sorted by name, again good :)

...Artist/Album | Ultravox - I see all tracks from all albums by this artist sorted by name, good again :)

...Ultravox | Rage In Eden - I'm still seeing the tracks for this specific album sorted by name instead of track #, bad :(

With the old method, when I clicked on this last node, the view would automatically change to sort by track number.  I know there was an option to enable this behaviour in the old Options/Tree & View Settings screen, but it is not in the new one. Also, if I'm looking at this last node and click the Track # column heading to sort the album by track #, it is applied to all of the other nodes within that view scheme.

So, my question, is this the intended behaviour of the new sorting method, or is it still a work in progress?

Rob

Markeau

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2003, 01:30:22 pm »

Really NEED the old way that Artist Info would open an external browser on the selected track ... having it configurable to open either external or internal would probably suit all.  

Joe Karnes

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2003, 03:10:38 pm »

I have posted this problem before and I notice that there is a post above by "mkutsen" related to the same subject referenced by his item 4.

I have my playback output  mode set to wave out and on my Creative Extigy external sound card I get nothing from my rear speakers.  If I select direct sound, both the front and rear speakers work but sound very very bad.  I then switch back to wave out and the front speakers sound good but again there is  no sound from the rear speakers.

On some previous versions both the front and rear speakers have worked good with wave out.

Also each time I open MC and play a CD, an MP3 or a DVD movie, the sound quality is bad with pops and other nosies.  I can stop what ever is playing and start play again and the sound quality is good and will remain good for as long as I have MC open and then upon the next restart of MC I will have the same problem again.  I do have the latest driver and updates for my sound card.

Thank you, Joe Karnes

Media Center Registered 9.0.129 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

Intel Pentium II 449 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 392 MB, Free - 141 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive D: HP       CD-Writer+ 9700k   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:6  MaxSpeed:16  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes

canaro99

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2003, 03:30:34 pm »

On Right Click of Tools/Filename/Rename from properties.... and I want to make a change of the folder by Browse..., I must now re-expand the tree completely to get to the desired location.

This used to be opened at the location shown in Base Path filed of the dialog window. This has been this way for the last three or four builds and is most inconvenient.

Also, is it really necessary for the playlist tree to completely collapse every time a new playlist is created?

John
Thank you,

John

canaro99

• World Citizen
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2003, 04:19:03 pm »

When trying to drag a song in a playlist that I am constructing, the playlist accelerates to hyperwarp speed 25 before I can get the file to the desired location. Is there a way to slow this down??

Thank you,

John

canaro99

• World Citizen
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2003, 04:39:23 pm »

The scroll wheel no longer works in the explorer pane

Thank you,

John

ZRocker

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2003, 04:50:05 pm »

Bugs:
1. Listening To toolbar icon does not work...does nothing right now.
2. Customize Menu Bar dialog's Text Options setting always resets to 'Selective text on right' after an MC restart.  I don't want/like this option...I want 'No text labels' to stick (please).
3. Clicking X (close window) on Customzie Menu Bar dialog resets the the toolbar icons to default...argh.
4. Pressing the [Delete] button while in Customize Menu Bar dialog deletes any tracks selected in Playing Now (or maybe anything displayed in the Content view currently)...that's not nice/right...is it?
5. Mini-me skin's EQ sliders don't display correctly (ie, they are not synchronized with the settings seen in MEGA-ME mode...they are always flat)

nila

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2003, 07:09:23 pm »

Still not happy with the Menu's at all.

Few points:

• Visually they aren't appealing and look very outdated and remind me of home made shareware software I was using over 5 years ago. They reflect none of the new capabilities of XP or even just look at all graphically 'pretty'.

• The structuring of the menu itself I still find to be without meaning to sound harsh - awful.

Reasons
  • Almost EVERYONE who's bought a computer in the last two years will probably have a burner included in it, most people own one now and if not they will do by their next computer upgrade. Burning cd's is an EXTREMELY common task performed all the time I'd imagine by a LOT of users yet it's hidden two sub menu's deep. For a new user wanting to burn a cd as well it's going to make NO logical sense when looking for an option to 'burn songs' to look under 'Send To' then to think that it's located under what looks like a location to list all your cdrom drives purely. It's not at all obvious that it's actually refering to your burner.

Compare this to iTunes or Easy CD and DVD Creator v6's media jukebox program included which both have a burn button permenantly present on the screen to allow you to instantly burn any visual playlist with one click and you get the strong feeling that these programs are taking advantage and making the most of the fact that all computers have burners these days. MJ on the other hand has the option to burn the tracks sunk 2 menus deep into a right click option. Not exactly quick, easy fast access or promoting or encouraging you to use this feature.

• If I was trying to update my cover art for a song, I wouldn't think 'internet' I'd think 'cover art' and be looking for a sub folder called 'cover art' in tools which I'd expect to have: Get from Internet, Paste, Locate on drive, etc.
  • If I wanted to do a 'Quick Search' - the last place I'd think of looking is under an option called 'Edit'. I dont want to edit anything, I want to do a search.
  • If I wanted to fill the properties I'd expect to find this tool under 'Edit properties' not under 'filename' as I dont want to do anything to the filename, it's the properties I want to edit.
  • If I wanted to download the track properties I think I'd be far more likely to look under the 'Edit properties' menu than the tools menu.

I think you guys should get a normal average day to day computer user who's not hugely computer literate and get them to use MJ. I think you'll find that it's a very slow learning curve for them to find it's features, even some of the basic ones, and feel comfortable with it. This scares off most users when they first approach it.

ALL the toolbar menu items still need to be selectable by Alt+F, Alt+E, Alt+V, Alt+P, Alt+T, Alt+H
    with all those sub menu's again selectable by a specified letter in the menu.

Hate to sound negative, but with the way it is currently, mass tagging (or renaming) of large quantities of files is just way too cumbersome and awkward in MJ. It requires too many clicks and browsing to sub menu's to do things.
    Compare this to programs like Dr Tag where most things can be done with a single instant click on a button or ACDSee where most tools can be used by quick keyboard combo's and MJ just doesn't hack it as a viable option to use. It works great as a jukebox but currently I think I'd end up using it purely as a jukebox and relying on Dr Tag or Helium2 to do all my tagging before importing the files into MJ :(
    This makes me VERY sad as it's not the lack of tools in MJ that make it necessary to use an external program but purely the method and speed of accessing these tools. It's not a feasible option when dealing with several hundred files which result in every extra 5 seconds taken to do one tagging operating working out as many hours extra work to do several operations on each file.

ie:
    I have all my files named: artist - album - track # - name - I want to fill the tags - the filename is all lower case with under scores.
    I have to right click on all the selected files, go to tools, then go to filename, then fill properties from filename - if the naming format I want isn't here I have to manually remember each field name and type it in in a specific manner making sure to not make any spelling mistakes and then use it, then right click again, go to tools again then to library info, then clean tracks.
    Dr Tag you click one button to do this - the get from filename and clean are combined and there's no menu browsing to find the tools. If the filename format is missing I click on the options button, check the boxes next to the properties I want to use, press an up down button twice or something and click on 'add format' so that it's permenantly there for future use.

Anyway, I hope I'm not nagging or sounding too negative. I'm just trying to point out an area that MJ is currently very weak in and trying to be constructive about how it could be improved.

cct1

• World Citizen
  • I like shiny things
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2003, 07:13:19 pm »

Well?
1. Will the Recently Imported toolbar icon ever make a return?  I used that one a lot :(

Me too--would love to see this available, it's probably the icon I use the most.

On the plus side, the menus in the file fields are much easier for me to navigate--I especially like the location on the "edit selected field" on the first menu screen--much easier to work with.

***Edit--OK, I admit it, I'm and idiot--I just realized how the "recently imported" smartlist is functioning at the top of the tree, after you import media.  Actually, I kind of like the way you guys have set this up...

PsychShack

• Recent member
  • Mmm, donuts!
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2003, 07:42:34 pm »

I was just curious to know whether or not this blue square icon thing that is now being used for MC9 is going to be the final icon.  If so, could it not be? :-)  It's not the most attractive for such a professional-grade program.

Also, I think this may have been asked before, but can you add a way to make individual file types have different icons in Windows Explorer (such as music have a music note, pictures have a paintbrush, etc.)?  It's sometimes confusing when I have multiple file types in one window and they all have the same icon.  Thanks!
David Schachner

Get lost in the Psychotic Shack: http://psychshack.netfirms.com/

jakobluck

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2003, 08:17:25 pm »

bugs:

Ripping a CD with multiple artists on it will rip every track to a different artists directory, rather than a (Multiple Artists)\[ALBUM] folder.

requests:

An option to select the old MC icon ...the new one, IMO, is garish and makes no sense at all.

Support for OGM files.

michel

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2003, 09:47:48 pm »

Really NEED the old way that Artist Info would open an external browser on the selected track ... having it configurable to open either external or internal would probably suit all.  

I second that.

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2003, 10:23:39 pm »

I second that.

What's interesting is that clicking on the Tree View "Artist Info" opens the page internally within MC, but if you issue the MCC command with mjextman or Girder, the page opens externally. So as as workaround, you could issue "mjextman.exe /MCC 30002,0" to open the Artist Info page in an external browser window.

Personally, my preference is merely for consistency...
Brad

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2003, 10:30:15 pm »

Good job stomping some bugs from the previous builds... here's my edited master list (probably over a couple of posts). I've struck through bugs I think are dead & emphasized new comments to old reports.

PREVIOUSLY UNREPORTED BUGS:

- "Download More Skins" from the install program puts you right into MC. The Install Wizard doesn't show the downloaded skin & everything ends up behind the web browser. It also shows my existing library (without asking if I want to upgrade, etc.)

- Although the install process seems to complete normally, adding a skin during that process results in oddities in the skin manager. Opening it up shows "Z" as the active skin (although the one you downloaded is actually active).

- Love the idea of the column "sort indicators"--very novel & useful!

- Unable to click on top level of a view scheme. Selection bar just jumps back to "Media Library". You can still top on the View Scheme Group (eg. "Audio"). (Note: already reported above...)

- Setting ratings directly with the MCC commands only works for the active "playing" file. If playing now is empty, your selection in the list view will not accept the rating command. If playing now is populated, there must be a track active--even if it isn't playing. Also, I couldn't find the keyboard accelerators for the rating commands.

BIG ISSUES:

- MCC_TREE_ADD_CD_FOLDER crashes MC.

- When upgrading 129, I received several errors when the plugins were being installed (doing a "Custom" install). For example, "Installing APE plugin"--Error dialog: "Failed to install package. More info: none." This happened for all the plugin in this sequence (APE, CDA, MP3, MPC, Vorbis, WAV, WMA etc.)
If I uninstall the existing program (w/registry entries), the subsequent install doesn't give this problem.

- After installing builds 125, 126 & 129, my registration has been lost. It's cost me only 1 restore so far, but maybe it's symptomatic of a bigger problem.
More info: this apparently happened to me when I chose to uninstall the previous version & remove the registry keys. When installing over the top of an existing install, the information was retained (but other problems meant I had to clean install, so I found this...)

- DVD-CD/RW still not recognized (Toshiba SR-1202).

- When exiting Party Mode, playback stops and Playing Now is cleared.

- Update Playback order is funky (menu & MCC command): First, after executing the command, you lose the status information in the MegaMe skin (I didn't check the others). The only information that remains is the time info. Second, if you issue the command with the currently playing track selected, stopping & starting playback says that PN is empty. You also lose transport controls & the status information.

CONTROL ISSUES:

- MCC_UPDATE_VIS doesn't appear to do anything. What's it supposed to do?

- MCC_STOP_CONDITIONAL--What's it supposed to do?
Still don't know what "conditional" means, but the command stops playback now.

- MCC_SET_PAUSE doesn't appear to do anything. What's it supposed to do?

- MCC_PLAY_CPLDB_INDEX (10015) should probably fail silently if passed a sequence number outside of the Playing Now playlist. Dismissing the resulting dialog interrupts the remote-ness of the experience.

- I couldn't get the "Rating - ?" to work remotely. MCC_SET_CURRENTLY_PLAYING_RATING (10023, 0). All the other Rating parameters worked fine.

- MCC_PROPERTIES opens the Properties window just fine, but there's no way to close it. Can the command be a toggle--or even better, add another command to discretely close the window?
The "ALT-Enter" keyboard shortcut does toggle the Properties window, but the MCC command does not.

- There are no ways to accept or dismiss dialog boxes remotely. Can there be "OK" and "Cancel" commands?

- MCC_HELP_HOWTO_MANAGE_PLAYLISTS & MCC_HELP_HOWTO_VIEW_SCHEMES & their menu commands brought up a "Page cannot be displayed" error

--to be continued...

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2003, 10:34:15 pm »

CONTROL ISSUES (continued...)--

- MCC_TREE_PLAY and MCC_TREE_ADD_TO_PLAYING_NOW are only effective when you've selected something in the the Tree. I think that's how it's supposed to work--so this is a verification question: The first command "TreePlay" sends the command "Replace PN with what I've selected & start playing"--the second command "TreeAdd" sends the command "Append PN with what I've selected & start/continue playing", right?

- MCC_TREE_IMPORT brings up the "Import Media" dialog. This appears to be duplicate of MCC_IMPORT.

- MCC_TREE_RIP gives me the error "No audio files selected for copying". Is this only effective when you've got actual media loaded in your drive?

- MCC_CLEAR_PLAYING_NOW removes the currently playing track as well as everything else. Can there be an option/additional command to retain the currently playing track?

- MCC_COPY_LISTENING_TO seems non-functional.
Also, I can't find this command in the menus anymore. Did it disappear?

- MCC_LIST_IMPORT & MCC_LIST_REMOVE_ORDER don't appear to do anything. What are they supposed to do?

- MCC_LOCATE_FILE does really odd things when using the index numbers. "-1" & "-2" work fine. The other index numbers don't seem to have any rhyme or reason. I tried the numbers 0-4 sequentially and very different view schemes were activated each time. They jumped around and were not in any indexed order (ie. Parameter "0"=view scheme #5; Parameter "1"=view scheme #3, etc.) What is supposed to happen? Also, the documentation actually says "0-n: view scheme index"--is this right?

- MCC_RELOAD_RIGHT_VIEW doesn't appear to do anything. What is it supposed to do?
Got it--it's like "Refresh View". I'm not sure if there's a difference between this command and MCC_REFRESH--is there? As a bonus, if you are in "Playing Now", RELOAD moves the selection bar to the currently playing track.

- MCC_CUSTOMIZE_TOOLBAR doesn't appear to do anything.

- MCC_ARTIST_INFO opens the artist information in a separate web browser window instead of within MC--but the tree choice opens the information internally. The inconsistency seemed odd to me.

- There doesn't appear to be a difference between MCC_SHOW_RUNNING_MC and MCC_SHOW_WINDOW--is there supposed to be?

SMALLER THINGS:

- The tops & bottoms of long menus have Arrows showing to make you think there are more choices--the arrows are actually black so that they look active. I think it would be better to not have arrows in that case.

- The "Locate" command should be hierarchical with regards to the view schemes, like the other new menu structures.

- The "Delete" button stays highlighted after deleting a playback zone (both when the deletion succeeds and when it fails).

- The Help->How To->Configuration menu choice makes it sound like there is more configuration available there. How about "Setting Up", or removing the separator above it?

- The Help menu shows lots of "dialog elipsis" (eg. "..."). I usually expect that to bring up a dialog box--not a help page.

- In general, the "More Options" and "Even More Options" hierarchical menu names are intimidating :) More descriptive names would be great...

--continued in next post...

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2003, 10:38:29 pm »

SMALLER THINGS (continued...)

- MCC_RENAME command buggy: First, you can't tell if you are focused to edit in the tree or edit in the list. Second, when you've manually selected to focus the list, the command activates the first column field for editing (except for the Seq.#). It doesn't matter if it's the Name, the Artist, the Track, etc.

- MCC_MINIME toggling works oddly: It toggles from any other view to Mini-Me, and subsequent activations toggle back to Mini, then to Mega. I expected it to toggle between Mini & the original view (be it Mega, Full, or Hair).

- MCC_FULLSCREEN toggling works oddly: It toggles to FS, then to Hair, then to Mini or Mega (which ever had been active). Again, I expected it to toggle between the original view and FS. Also, this appears to be a duplicate of MCC_TOGGLE_FULLSCREEN

- Reshuffle drawing oddity: When you select a track other than the first one in list view & execute the command, you end up with 2 selection bars.

- When dragging column in the list window to reorder them, the list window doesn't scroll, so you have to move columns around bit by bit, using the horizontal scroll bar to adjust each time.

OLD BUGS:
- Can't multi-select in tree pane of mega-me.

- Scroll bar display problems [640x480 resolution (Z-megame)]. The width is cut off a bit. It's very difficult to describe. If someone can tell me how to take a screen shot in Windows, I'll send a shot of it.
Looking closer, this is actually how the scroll bars are designed in the Z skin--it's supposed to make them look like they wrap down into the list/tree.

- Long hierarchial menus don't scroll in Mega-Me (filters list, show only, hide, etc.). You actually have to click on the arrows.

- Naming a playlist, group, smarlist, etc. yields redraw artifacts (the default name is not erased while typing over)

REQUESTS:
- Multiple filters: It would be killer to be able to apply multiple filters. I realize you can setup a smartlist to filter all kinds of things, but I would like to play from the media library--then say "Don't play Christmas music and Only play Rock tracks with Ratings of 4 or higher". Right now, I have to create a single smartlist to do this. It would be great to just apply existing Smartlists as filters (no Xmas music smartlist, yes Rock genre smartlist, yes Favorites smartlist).

Thank you everyone!
Brad
------

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 3 (Build 2195)

Intel Pentium 4 1798 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 366 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106

Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.6144 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive Z:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max /  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767 /  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  No burners found. /  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No /  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Phydeaux

• World Citizen
  • No comment... ;)
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2003, 11:19:17 pm »

Some bugs:

- Thumbnail options are not saved.
- Setting thumbnail size to anything but the default size results in some quirky screen drawings. Also, thumbnails are not redone to get properly sized thumbnails.
- Emailing files and including one that is located on a removable disk simply kills the process without warning.

Hmm... That's it for now.

P.
"Evil will always triumph over Good because Good is dumb." -- Spaceballs

fex

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2003, 12:04:37 am »

Clicking in the search field, it would be nice if I could read the "marked" entries. I'm able to see the font behind it, but it's not readable (WinXP). By the way: this happens in every build since last december. It' time to correct this... ;D

Thanks!

Marty3d

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2003, 02:05:46 am »

MC 9.0.129
*NEW
*OLD
- If Properties - "Import automatically.." is not checked, the 'Date imported' (in the properties window) is set anyway to when the song is played.
- Quick Play. If you scroll down, the list continues to scroll until the end of the list. Seems to happen when you go through all files (a VERY big list)
- Seems that MC doesn't show the tag for Replay Gain "COMM(Replay Gain)" at all anymore! What's going on with the tags anyway??? I think a list of whats available and not is in it's place.
- In Mini-Me, MC doesn't display cover art (Display: None) when transparent unless MC's transparent when song changes
- Sticky views doesn't remember sort order in 'Recently Imported' or in 'Playing Now'. Suspects that 'Seq' overrides.
- Can't search for '&' in search panel
- Tooltip in notification area display ' ' instead of '&'
- 'Last played' and 'Number of plays' logic wrong. Changes the song to +1 directly past 50% instead of waiting until song is stopped/next is played. Compare with how it worked in MJ8 before MC beta, that's the way it SHOULD work.
- Auto Smartlist "Top Hits -- haven't heard for over a year" doesn't include numberplays keyword, so it really doesn't show any "Top Hits". Same issue for "Top Hits -- listened to today"
- The slider in File Properties flickers between skinned and windows standard when dragged or clicked
- Media Center is named Media Jukebox in Task Manager - Processes
- View Scheme doesn't work with Date Imported. Shows the different date in the tree, but nothing under each item (search panel shows: [Date Imported]=[16 days, 10 hours ago]...perhaps it should convert to a date?). With grouping, it only shows 0-9...
- Bug with resizing MC. You can't resize Mega-me at all after doing the following steps:
1. Select a smartlist
1. Right click on an item in the search panel and select "Edit by typing".
2. Try to resize MC. It doesn't work until you change view to another playlist or scheme.
 Alt+TAB after trying to resize MC also shows a hidden window "JRiver Playback Engine Window"
- Copy/paste in Search panel, you can't select an item and copy it, nor paste it.
Haven't tested, but not reported as fixed:
- Installer doesn't remove old install entries in add/remove programs. (Media jukebox entry) Can't check, have made a reinstall of Windows, please confirm
- Undo doesn't work when pasting from one search panel to another
*FIXED
- Customize Menu bar is extremely slow
- Sticky views doesn't remember columns in smartlists or in playlists

AMD Athlon 1007 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 99 MB

Ripping /   Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max

Burning /  Drive F: PLEXTOR  CD-R   PX-W1210A   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:12  MaxSpeed:12  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Bartabedian

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2003, 03:56:37 am »

Setting thumbnail size to anything but the default size results in some quirky screen drawings.

Double that, plus using increased sizes (which are not remembered upon restart) causes processor usage to lock near 75% and all functions in MC are extremely slow.

MachineHead

« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2003, 04:04:33 am »

This build still puts extra icons on the desktop.

Doesn't remember 'No Text Labels' for toolbar when restarted.

Doesn't remember additional icons added to toolbar when restarted

Was kind of balking with 'File - View - etc.'  toolbar and associated slideouts after initial install. Close and restart needed to correct this.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2003, 04:24:05 am »

What happened to build .128?

I have no Licence reg.. in Help menu any longer.

If the program is licensed, "Buy" and "Restore License" aren't displayed in the menu.

Don't like art

If anyone wants to try to improve things, most of the art is in MC\Data\Default Art

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sort by Track # for albums

We'll probably add this back.  A few people have requested it.

Missing toolbar button X

Just remind us and it'll get fixed.

MCC commands

Let's keep the comments / bugs for these in another thread to cut down on the noise here.

matshif

« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2003, 05:15:48 am »

Matt wrote:
"If the program is licensed, "Buy" and "Restore License" aren't displayed in the menu".

Thanks Matt, nice to known. But I still don't understand when build .128 was released. :-/

Keep up the good work with MC.

Mats

marticm

• Recent member
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2003, 05:32:48 am »

After numerous successful version installs, this one is being a bear. I've gone from .124 to .129 and get many messages indicating certain .dll files are destination files currently in use. Have tried several times with every thing else shut down. Now I have no MC 9. Any hints?

FrankL

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2003, 05:37:45 am »

EXIF must be updated!!!
This program will not become a legitimate "Media Center" if it is not.

Here are the reforms needed.

to fix the sloppiness I would very much prefer an option to let the user specify which information is provided when MC fills from the "date created" info.

we should be able to chose:
1.  What the seperator is (i don't like _ i much prefer -)

2002-11-03 - 01-22-01.jpg (yyyy-mm-dd - hh-mm-ss)  
                 is easier to read than
      11_3_2002 1_22 AM.jpg

2.  What information should be included (For me the date down to the second is necessary because I take many pictures per minute at times.  Without the seconds in the filename i just get a bunch of files that can't be renamed because MC thinks they are the same file)

2002-11-03 - 02-29-32.jpg  (yyyy-mm-dd - hh-mm-ss)
     2002-11-03 - 02-29-49.jpg
                   MC renames to:
     11_3_2002 2_29 AM.jpg
     ?  Can't rename this one

3.  Which information comes first.  (For my purposes it is necessary for the year to come first.  My picture collection spans multiple years so when searching through a folder of my pictures that is sorted by name I do not want all of the pictures taken in January at the top, I only want the pictures taken in January of year 2000 at the top and my pictures taken in January 2001 after my pictures in December 2000.)

2000-01-01 - 02-29-32.jpg  (yyyy-mm-dd - hh-mm-ss)
     2000-12-01 - 02-32-55.jpg
     2001-01-01 - 02-51-06.jpg
                  MC sorts as
     01_1_2000 2_29 AM.jpg
     01_1_2001 2_51 AM.jpg
     12_1_2000 2_32 AM.jpg

4.  There has to be two digits filled by zero if the data is only a single digit!

11_3_2002 2_29 AM.jpg
                change to
     11_03_2002 02_29 AM.jpg

Tolga

• Galactic Citizen
Minor Menu Improvement requested: LOCATE FILE
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2003, 06:23:01 am »

Can you add submenu grouping to locate file like send to.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2003, 06:54:02 am »

Edit Selected field back in the top level makes much more sense
I am getting more used to the menu ordering now and apart from a few wording issues it does seem a lot more logical...maybe a combination dialog for mass tagging would speed things up...eg rename from files, clean and get cover art all in one dialog for recent imports...
Just a thought  ;D

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

sdgrizdan

• Galactic Citizen
  • The body cannot live without the mind
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2003, 07:21:48 am »

Still can't scan ((fastforward/rewind)) through a CD playing in analog mode --The window says the CD track is "live" and therefore cannot scan through the track.  :( The stop button is also disabled in analog mode. I have to eject the cd to make it stop. Real Player and WMP work perfectly in analog mode.  ?

Media Center Registered 9.0.129 -- d:\Program Files\Media Jukebox\

Microsoft Windows 98 SE
Intel Pentium II 450 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 70 MB
Resource Info: System - 49 %, GDI - 76 %, User - 49 %

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shell32.dll: 4.72.3812.600
wnaspi32.dll: 4.57 (1014) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1998 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: No /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive F: HP       CD-Writer+ 9600    Addr: 0:6:0  Speed:12  MaxSpeed:12  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes

tdrozdowski

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2003, 07:53:54 am »

I've noticed today with build 129 that I'm not sure is right.  ;D

When ripping cds, the CD-Rip dialog will say open.  That's fine, but when I insert a new cd, it adds the new tracks to the dialog and rips them correctly (it didn't do this correctly prior to 129).  However, the list of previously ripped tracks plus the new tracks to be ripped are now in the dialog.

My question is - should it remove the list of previously ripped tracks?  It sort of freaked me out at first that it wasn't going to put them in the right place or label them properly.  However, it did.

Also - I have a suggestion around add a feature that would stop auto rip if the YADB query fails.  Right now, I have to rush to click 'cancel' to stop so I can get in there and label the track, then continue ripping it.  Would be really nice if there was a work flow something like: if yadb doesn't find cd, present dialog (properties sheet) to label, then when finished, ask user to submit to yadb and then continue ripping.  

Would make ripping my vast cd collection all that much easier.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2003, 08:06:41 am »

Clicking on a menu opens it but clicking on the menu again does NOT close it...isn't this standard windows practice??

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

jcouch93

• World Citizen
  • I'm confused...
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2003, 08:14:36 am »

• I can say that MC MC does NOT like it if a drive fails that it is trying to access!  I have an Archos Studio20 and (silly me) I forgot to charge it before I did a file operation.  When the drive failed due to lack of power, MC just quit responding and I had to kill the process.  

• Multimedia keys on my Logitech wireless kb still don't work.  

• When hovering over the tray to get the playing track info, if there is an ampersand (&) in the title the tooltip won't show it.

• I also would like the System Info to NOT automatically copy to the clipboard.

phatrabt

I second NoCodeUK's post above!  Clicking on the menu should close it after opening.

AMD Athlon 1729 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 848 MB

Drive V:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
     Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
     Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive G: LITE-ON  LTR-24102B         Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  Use MJ Engine:Yes
     Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
     Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

schwaa

• Junior Woodchuck
  • and then...
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2003, 08:37:39 am »

Just upgraded from .124...

In .129 when I click on Artist Info with a particular song highlighted it opens All Music Guide internally, with information on the last song played, not the song highlighted.

In .124 and previous builds it would open AMG externally (preferable, I think) for the song highlighted.

If this is a change instead of a bug, how do you now open AMG for a highlighted song without playing it?

MachineHead

« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2003, 11:15:52 am »

If I click on one of my view schemes MC will display it, but also jump back to Media Library heading instantly.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2003, 11:36:12 am »

Doesn't matter how often I set them CDs in the CD/DVD/Handhelds group and the roots of view schemes never retain their sort order.  This is very frustrating!!!  Each time I wanna rip a CD I have to resort by Track #  and my roots of the view schemes I cannot even understand the sort order there!!

Adam

NoCodeUK

« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2003, 12:21:11 pm »

Problems with sorting again.  I cannot understand how sorting is working now that the timer has been removed.  I want to sort in this order -> ARTIST, YEAR, ALBUM, TRACK #  That way I get all tracks dislayed in album order but by the year thjey were released.  However if I click the columns in that order I actuall get it sorted in reverse.  Do we now need to use reverse logic again??  And how do I clear a sort once it has been made?? What is the ebst way to do this particular sort??  This has really gone strange in the last couple of builds...

Adam

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2003, 01:41:18 pm »

Problems:

1. No way to connect to a Media Server that is not on the local network

2. No way to connect to a Media Server with security activated

Synesthesiatic

• Recent member
  • If anybody needs me, I'll be in my room
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2003, 02:16:34 pm »

There doesn't seem to be any way to remove songs from playing now short of replacing the whole thing with a new song (by playing it). Selecting delete from the context menu brings up a dialog to remove them from the library.

Also, the multimedia keys on my Inspiron 2500 don't work properly (an actually haven't since I got MJ 8 months ago). I've since reformatted my hard drive, so I don't think the OS is screwed up or anything. They work fine with Real1, WinDVD and WMP. If I hit play/pause, for example, MJ will pause and unpause a dozen times, and, more often than not, continue playing. This may be a problem with the Dell Accessdirect software that uses the buttons, but, as I said they work fine with other players. Also worked fine with Winamp 2 with a plugin, back in the day.

~ Adam ~

Marty3d

« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2003, 03:29:04 pm »

*NEW
- If you select a file in playing now, right-click and reshuffle, the same position (not the same file) is selected...plus the first song!

Marty3d

« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2003, 03:51:15 pm »

*NEW
- Sticky views sorting doesn't work with smartlists (Tested: New smartlist,[Media Type]=[Audio] [Number Plays]=>=1)

Dopas

• Junior Woodchuck
  • MC rocks ... keep up your good work!
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2003, 04:28:58 am »

Setting rating ? through MCC is not working:
/MCC 100023,0

Other ratings work fine .... (I love that feature ....)
Media Center 12.X/13.x
Handheld: IPOD 60GB, Creative Vision:M
Media Receiver: DLink DSM-320

JNKH

• World Citizen
  • I love Media Center
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2003, 02:03:41 pm »

Hi Matt,

I have 2 sound card, and I can't delete the zone.  I want to delete the pri zone (active).  I activate my secondary zone, then I delete the pri zone.  MC crashes.  I restarted MC, the pri zone is active again.  What was deleted was my secondary zone.  When I add a secondary zone again, my configuration of the secondary zone appears again.

It seems that my data for my zone configuration has some problem.  How do I ensure I have a good copy of a configuration?  I tried to reinstall MC, but the configuration is always kept somewhere.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up