INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JR Not Showing All Movies in Database  (Read 989 times)

dnavratil

• Junior Woodchuck
JR Not Showing All Movies in Database
« on: March 31, 2022, 06:17:10 am »

David here, I'm using W10 DT, MC 28.106 (Latest Version).  Been using MC for 5 yrs now. 
I have a weekly routine of importing 10 movies on Wednesday as a batch.  Each movie has 2 files, 1 for the Media and 1 for the JPG, that is a total of 20 files each week.  Movies are named Example = Dracula (1932)!  I do this each week the very same! Never any problems.  After importing MC lets me know in bottom left corner of screen how many files and details of files were imported! No problems so far.  However when I go to add keywords and other media data by hand there are only 9 movies accounted for.  This has happened the past 2 weeks.  I've sorted all my movies by movie name and look at a detail file list but the 2 missing movies are not there.
I decided to take those 2 movies out of my movie folder I use for importing and place them in an empty folder on my c drive and import those movies again!  They show up again being imported but can't find in database!
I thought there might be something wrong with the movies, so I tried importing into Plex and EMDB.  They both showed up perfectly in those programs.   The size of my database is 10.1 TB, Maybe there is a limit to database size!
I've attached a jpg screenshot of the 2 movies I'm having trouble with!  Hope someone can help me solve this problem! Tks David

zybex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: JR Not Showing All Movies in Database
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2022, 07:19:12 am »

They're showing on the "Recently Imported" list, so they ARE on the database. Where are you expecting to see them that they don't show up?
Sometimes MC applies the wrong Media Subtype to the imported movies, causing them to not show up under "Movies" views. Use the Tag editor panel on each of those movies to check their Media Type and Media Subtype tags. It's possible they were tagged as "TV Show" or something else.

It seems you deleted the default "Video->Files" view, which would show all video files in the DB regardless of MediaSubType. Your existing Views are probably configured to show only files with MediaSubType=Movie. You may also have a Smartlists->All Video Files which should also show those files.

PS: Your media files are 10TB, but MC's database ("library") is actually much smaller on your C: drive. The size of the media files does not matter.

dnavratil

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2022, 08:15:30 am »

I added the Media Type and Media Sub-type columns on my detail listing, Media Type all are labeled Videos and Media Sub-Type are all labeled Movies!  I clicked on Images on the left side panel and the 2 movie JPGs show up in there but where the heck are the actual media files!!  Tks for your response, David N.  PS See 2ns Screen Shot!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2022, 08:28:52 am »

Search by name under audio.  Some file types can be audio or video.

When you find them, edit the media subtype.

dnavratil

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2022, 09:22:32 am »

I just now clicked on Smartlists on the left panel and there were the media files I was looking for, and yes their Media Sub-Type was TV Show!
I will keep the column of Media Sub-Types on all my detail lists and should not have this problem any more, Thanks to both of you for your input, I'm 74 years old and still working on figuring out this software (Still Love It), David N.

Search by name under audio.  Some file types can be audio or video.

When you find them, edit the media subtype.

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2022, 11:18:57 am »

Glad you could fix it :)

Files listed under your "Video->Movies" views only show Movies, so if a file is misidentified it will never show there (in other words, your Columns for MediaType/SubType will always say Video/Movie). You need to go to Smartlists (as you found out), or add a new View to show all your files.

Whay I said above was to click on the Recently Imported movie, then on the "Tag" button (lower left corner), and you'll find all tags for that specific movie there.

dnavratil

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2022, 12:48:36 am »

Funny thing, I've never used MC to play any type of media, I just use the program to catalog what movies I've got from You Tube over the years.  I really like the fact you can use keywords and add your own fields!  Tks again, DN

Glad you could fix it :)

Files listed under your "Video->Movies" views only show Movies, so if a file is misidentified it will never show there (in other words, your Columns for MediaType/SubType will always say Video/Movie). You need to go to Smartlists (as you found out), or add a new View to show all your files.

Whay I said above was to click on the Recently Imported movie, then on the "Tag" button (lower left corner), and you'll find all tags for that specific movie there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up