INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Linux Driver Question  (Read 220 times)

cthdt

• Recent member
Linux Driver Question
« on: April 03, 2022, 02:03:30 pm »

Performance question, since getting rid of an older computer I had a spare disk and started dual booting a 3:rd gen intel CPU Thinkpad with NVS5200 GPU with Zorin OS 16.1 (Ubuntu 20.4 based).
Then I proceeded to Install JR29 and trying to watch my  "Depeche Mode live in Hamburg 1984" (lower than SD quality).
The renderer selected is JRVR. The image tears and is unwatchable, no different from the OpenGL renderer. (in Linux)

A quick boot back to Windows 10, and the same video plays perfectly using Red October Standard (no hardware acceleration)

Is this a difference between Red October and JRVR or between Windows and X11?

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Linux Driver Question
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2022, 02:21:21 pm »

Performance question, since getting rid of an older computer I had a spare disk and started dual booting a 3:rd gen intel CPU Thinkpad with NVS5200 GPU with Zorin OS 16.1 (Ubuntu 20.4 based).
Then I proceeded to Install JR29 and trying to watch my  "Depeche Mode live in Hamburg 1984" (lower than SD quality).
The renderer selected is JRVR. The image tears and is unwatchable, no different from the OpenGL renderer. (in Linux)

A quick boot back to Windows 10, and the same video plays perfectly using Red October Standard (no hardware acceleration)

Is this a difference between Red October and JRVR or between Windows and X11?

Have you installed the proprietary nVidia drivers or are you using Nouveau?

cthdt

• Recent member
Re: Linux Driver Question
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2022, 11:58:14 am »

Nouveau, the Nvidia drivers crashed my computer.
I am not sure anything executes on the NVIDIA device since my machines uses "optimus" between HD4000 and NVS5200.
Ie what should I expect on HD4000?

I can watch FHD youtube videos just fine without stutter or tearing..
Pages: [1]   Go Up