INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MCWS: read movie "aspect ratio"  (Read 1320 times)

Olombo

• Recent member
MCWS: read movie "aspect ratio"
« on: April 05, 2022, 01:21:52 am »

Hi,

I use a projector with electric screen masking. Would like to automize according to given movie aspect ratio. If MadVR is used zoom control enables to stretch/crop/... the image based on detected black bars.

-->Is there any possibility to get the status of showed movie image height? It may be in pixels count (e.g.4096x2160) / aspect ratio (e.g. 2,35:1). Getting this info would make a automization possible.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MCWS: read movie "aspect ratio"
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2022, 02:19:54 am »

You are likely better off asking on doom9 or the madvr support thread on avsforum as I think this is something madvr would have to tell you

Madvr does have the facility to execute on profile enable/disable so this could work (using profile group that reacts to AR changes) though not sure if that works entirely reliably. Anyway I would be fairly confident someone on the AVS thread has done this so I would ask there.

https://www.avsforum.com/threads/madvr-player-support-thread.2215490/

Olombo

• Recent member
Re: MCWS: read movie "aspect ratio"
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2022, 02:03:42 am »

Hi

thanks for the hint! I just figured out how to realize it. In MadVR you can set up profiles according to e.g. aspect ratio. Within them you can execute a command line if chosen. Works perfectly!
Pages: [1]   Go Up