INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Strange Guide Behaviour Following Rescan  (Read 1304 times)

konkeydong75

• World Citizen
Strange Guide Behaviour Following Rescan
« on: April 08, 2022, 11:19:02 am »

I recently re-scanned my DVB-S/DVB-S2 channels as a few had moved.

All of the newly found channels appeared at the bottom of the channel list and were hidden.

The ones I do not need have remained as hidden, but for the channels that I do want, I have deleted the original version of these channels as they no longer worked, ensured the new versions of these channels have the same name, moved them to the same place in my channel list that they previous version of the channel was, and ensured that the keywords tagged against these channels is the same as for the previous versions of the channel and that they are unhidden.

I have a smartlist set to show channels from the dvb-s tuner, with a media type of TV and with the correct keyword, and this lists all of the required channels that should appear in the guide.

If I start theater view, and go to the guide, all of the channels I have added/updated are missing, and the order is no longer the same as it is in manage channels.

I have recreated my guide entry with the same custom custom rules (to show 7 days of guide data and channels with the correct keyword), and the guide is still showing an incorrect list.

Have I missed something?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Strange Guide Behaviour Following Rescan
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2022, 04:45:01 pm »

Try reloading guide data.  When you load guide data, each guide entry is associated with a channel.  Once you deleted a channel, the guide entries associated with that channel become orphans, and no new guide entries are associated with the new channels.  How do you get guide data?  If it is through an online guide provider, via an xml file, you need to make sure an XMLTV ID is associated with each new channel.  If you know the IDs, you can do it manually in Manage Channels.  If not, or if you have too many of them, then you should run "Load program guide..." manually, and try making a channel ID association (by clicking Auto Match or by manually making selection using the dropdown list).
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

konkeydong75

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2022, 07:10:19 pm »

Thanks Yaobing,

I get data though XML and am also in the middle of changing provider for that as well.

Associated some XML IDs with the channels and they have appeared again.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2022, 09:11:00 pm »

Glad it is all sorted out.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up