INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: new IdPi4B won't boot - bad 'start4.elf and fixup4.dat' files  (Read 1236 times)

tsurkamp

• Recent member

So before I start messing around with something I don't fully understand and void some warranty, I thought would ask for help.

I saw the post simply labeled "IdPi" on 3/20/22 by hlsy79 who articulated my problem (bad 'start4.elf and fixup4.dat' files,) and graciously provided two links to help, but they are beyond my NOOB ability.

Is there a prescribed way to up date these files? I used a separate disc and can start the pi with a network connection but didn't add a desk top. Would I need an windows emulator for Linux to update the firmware on the JRiver supplied disc?

I willing to make the changes you prescribe of should I just request a new disc?

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: new IdPi4B won't boot - bad 'start4.elf and fixup4.dat' files
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2022, 04:56:59 pm »

So before I start messing around with something I don't fully understand and void some warranty, I thought would ask for help.

I saw the post simply labeled "IdPi" on 3/20/22 by hlsy79 who articulated my problem (bad 'start4.elf and fixup4.dat' files,) and graciously provided two links to help, but they are beyond my NOOB ability.

Is there a prescribed way to up date these files? I used a separate disc and can start the pi with a network connection but didn't add a desk top. Would I need an windows emulator for Linux to update the firmware on the JRiver supplied disc?

I willing to make the changes you prescribe of should I just request a new disc?
When did you get your IdPi card?
New ones will work with the more recent hardware releases, probably better to send it back for an update.

Pages: [1]   Go Up