INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jremote2 (Android), Chromecast and Zones  (Read 935 times)

artatgray

Jremote2 (Android), Chromecast and Zones
« on: April 09, 2022, 02:41:00 am »

Hi JRiver Support,

I'm a new JRiver and Jremote2 user and I've a quick question I've not found the answer to here on the forum.

When casting to a Chromecast via Jremote2, does the DSP processing for the stream adhere to that of the current zone that I've selected on the server computer?

If it doesn't then that's an issue for me, as the particular zone that I've selected has my DSP settings for speaker and room correction EQ that I require to get the optimal sound quality from my audio system.

Kind regards,
Bill
Some friends and I run a Facebook group dedicated to music streaming technology, HiFi Audio Streaming.

Please feel free to join us at https://facebook.com/groups/2053982141494626/?ref=group_browse

artatgray

Re: Jremote2 (Android), Chromecast and Zones
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2022, 02:50:45 pm »

I'd appreciate it if some support would be helpful as I paid for the app.
Some friends and I run a Facebook group dedicated to music streaming technology, HiFi Audio Streaming.

Please feel free to join us at https://facebook.com/groups/2053982141494626/?ref=group_browse

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • where the buffalo roam
Re: Jremote2 (Android), Chromecast and Zones
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2022, 04:14:07 pm »

OK, you have a server that has a zone for output, but you're playing the server's music to JRemote2 on the Android phone.  Correct?

If so, that playback doesn't have any DSP associated with it, and whatever you send to the Chromecast device also won't.

If the audio system was connected directly to the server, you might be able to get what you expect and still control it from a remote.

Just a comment about your support expectations.  The $10 you spent on the app doesn't include consulting. 

More details about your setup might also make it easier to help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up