INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Change library remotely  (Read 834 times)

fegelmej

• Recent member
Change library remotely
« on: April 14, 2022, 01:49:14 pm »

I am using Gizmo and Panel interchangeably.  Is there a way to change libraries using one of these? If not, is there another remote that allows switching libraries?

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Change library remotely
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2022, 05:56:34 pm »

You can use an MCWS call using the 20025 MCC depending on your platform:

Code: [Select]
curl -s -o /dev/null -u username:password http://localhost:52199/MCWS/v1/Control/MCC?Command=20025,3
where "3" is the nLibraryIndex number, although I'm not sure how that number is determined or where it is visible. You may need to play around with it to find the correct integer.

fegelmej

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2022, 07:13:02 am »

Bryan, thanks for that reco.  I'm not familiar with entering code directly into MC, especially through a remote app.  How would I access that command prompt?  Thanks

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2022, 08:47:14 am »

You can use a remote terminal application on your Android device such as Termux or cygwin/wsl2 on Windows for hotkey/programmatic library switching, or you can enter the MCWS url in a browser (save in a bookmark for easy access) if that is more of your style. If you are doing this from your WAN you'll probably want to enable SSL, so just sub in your host IP and the integer that corresponds to your library:

Code: [Select]
https://host.ip:52200/MCWS/v1/Control/MCC?Command=20025,1
...and visit that address in your remote browser.
Pages: [1]   Go Up