INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WASAPI ?  (Read 548 times)

murray

• Citizen of the Universe
WASAPI ?
« on: April 14, 2022, 05:32:31 pm »

Im bitstreaming MC29 and in Audio setup I have three Wasapi settings and not sure which one to select, can someone point me in the right dirrection please?

1. Default Audio Device Wasapi
2. Nvidia HD Audio Wasapi
3. Realtek HD Audio Wasapi

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: WASAPI ?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2022, 05:34:59 pm »

There's no harm in trying them.

murray

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2022, 05:39:03 pm »

There's no harm in trying them.
1. Ok I can do that but should they sound different?
2. Do you know if one is usually better than the other?
3. Can they behave differently?
4. When you have a list of three like I do what do most decide to go for?

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2022, 05:42:09 pm »

Those are different devices.

The "Default" will follow whichever is the default audio device in Windows - its an alias for whichever you have currently selected as default, out of the other options below.
The NVIDIA one is for audio over HDMI.
The Realtek one is likely the on-board soundcard with analog output at the mainboard.

You can either use the Default which works for most people, as it automatically just picks the one which is setup in Windows as your audio output, or just pick the right one directly where your audio is supposed to come from (either through HDMI to a AV Receiver, soundbar, or a TV directly), or from the Realtek sound device.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

murray

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2022, 06:04:17 pm »

Those are different devices.

The "Default" will follow whichever is the default audio device in Windows - its an alias for whichever you have currently selected as default, out of the other options below.
The NVIDIA one is for audio over HDMI.
The Realtek one is likely the on-board soundcard with analog output at the mainboard.

You can either use the Default which works for most people, as it automatically just picks the one which is setup in Windows as your audio output, or just pick the right one directly where your audio is supposed to come from (either through HDMI to a AV Receiver, soundbar, or a TV directly), or from the Realtek sound device.

Thank you Hendrik for that information. Im using HDMI to my McIntosh MX160 with two McIntosh 7.1 channel amps, with bitstreaming, do you think I should be using the NVIDIA one in my dropdown box?

10mins later... I just checked in Windows Audio and I see there is just the two, Realtek and NVIDIA which was highlighted as on. So Ive set MC29 to NVIDIA which Im sure is right.
Pages: [1]   Go Up