INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: About screen display at startup  (Read 675 times)

かんぺい

About screen display at startup
« on: April 05, 2022, 12:22:35 am »

I am using [JRiver Media Center 29 for Windows] on Windows 11.
The screen at the time of startup is displayed in the upper left corner with a size of about 1/6. It is a version upgrade from 27, but the symptom occurred even when I was using 27.
Please give me some advice.
Since it is translated from Japanese by google translate, it may be strange English, but please forgive me.

B4Unyu

• Recent member
Re: About screen display at startup
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2022, 10:01:54 am »

- open JRiver 29
- resize jriver window to desired size
- press & hold CTRL on keyboard and close jriver with corner "X"
- JRiver window should now open at desired sized.
(use with any program window, also used for 'save as' windows that can be resized.)

if it does not work, only for JRiver, suspect registry setting isn't being over written or added.
if someone here is familiar with jriver resistry settings, maybe they can help.

if you had this problem previously with JRiver 26/27/28 on Windows 10,
and you installed Windows 11 as an update -keeping programs and files,
stronger possiblity this why it is still happening.

if it is a clean install of Windows 11 and JRiver,
maybe look at Windows or videocard display settings such as scaling?

かんぺい

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2022, 01:12:05 am »

Thank you for your reply.
Unfortunately it didn't improve.
I try to open it in its original size for a moment, but it immediately moves to the upper left of the screen.
Also, if you have noticed anything, thank you.

B4Unyu

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2022, 08:07:21 am »

-Shortcut properties of JRiver -> confirm 'run' selection

verify the 'run' selection in the properties for the shortcut and/or JRiver .exe icon, that you use to start the program, is set to 'normal window' or 'maximized'.
- not minimized.

-check 'target' is showing only JRiver exe install path and also verify there is nothing in 'start in'.

note:
if you are starting from icon in taskbar, you need to right click icon and right click program name to get to properties window. in properties window, these settings are under shortcut tab.

B4Unyu

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2022, 06:11:31 pm »

...train of thought...

-Windows OS manages program size and positions.

Normally, you shouldn't have to resize and use 'crtl + close (X) to retain the size and position of a program window.
Windows OS will retain the last size and position by merely closing a program on the desktop.
This is normal windows behavior as you know, and see it everyday with your other programs.
(unless the properties of the shortcut/app is set to run minimized or maximized.)

It is the same for JRiver, there is no difference.

But for you it is not. Why..?

As a guess.
-sometime in the past an utility was used capable of resizing program widows and positions.
-an entry was made into the registry for the JRiver program to open in the cuurent state.
It is possible, this utility was uninstalled but the registry entry remains.
if a clean/fresh install of the OS after experiencing this problem was never made, it is probably still exists in the registry and still in effect.

i am certain most people will agree that you will not have this problem with a clean fresh install of Windows 11 OS and JRiver program.
But i am also certain you would prefer not to do this.

what you can try.

-use the same utility (if you remember ever using one,) or get a similar one capable of making these window adjustments.
Search for free or trial period utilities on the net with keywords: winsizer autosize progsoft. progsoft net is in Japanese.

NOTE:
i have never used any of these utilities you may find nor am i recommending the use of them.

-please understand i am only guessing as to why Windows 11 is opening JRiver in a very small window.
-maybe a registry entry was made which overrides normal OS windows management
-maybe using the same or similar utility will rewrite this problematic entry.

But it may lead to other problems, i don't know. it may not.

if any of what i wrote rings true to you, it, at least, is one thing more you can try.
otherwise i am out of ideas.

Take the usual precautions before using these utilities.

PS
the irony is suggesting to use an utility that may have been the cause of the problem in order to fix the problem.

the best suggestion is to get help from someone else who is certain of what is going on. i am only guessing.

かんぺい

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2022, 02:04:57 am »

Thank you for your advice.
While specifying maximization with shortcut icon properties, it will be maximized for a moment, but immediately return to its original size.
We will use this method.
Thank you very much.
Pages: [1]   Go Up