INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No Albums or Similar Artists in Spotlight on Linux  (Read 1130 times)

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
No Albums or Similar Artists in Spotlight on Linux
« on: April 21, 2022, 01:05:23 pm »

So I've been doing some more spotlight testing on MC 29.0.32, and I don't seem to get any results in albums or in similar artists on any of my Linux boxes.  I get artist photos and the wiki text, but the other two sections are just blank.  I've tried testing with very famous artists (e.g. Bob Dylan) just in case it was an issue with obscure artists, but no joy.  At first I thought those sections weren't implemented yet, but I've noticed that other folks are posting spotlight results with those populated, so I'm wondering if it's a Linux issue or some kind of weird issue with my LAN?

Can anyone else using a recent MC 29 build on Linux confirm whether they get any results for albums or similar artists in Spotlight? 

bob

• Administrator
Re: No Albums or Similar Artists in Spotlight on Linux
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2022, 10:09:06 am »

Something is broken. It doesn't work on Mac either.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2022, 10:36:56 am »

So in the latest build, I now see related artists (so that's fixed), but I still don't get anything under the albums heading.  Is that expected?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2022, 04:22:27 pm »

So in the latest build, I now see related artists (so that's fixed), but I still don't get anything under the albums heading.  Is that expected?
It will be fixed in the next build.
Pages: [1]   Go Up