INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Video Processing with a SONY XR-65A90J  (Read 1137 times)

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
JRiver Video Processing with a SONY XR-65A90J
« on: April 26, 2022, 02:29:34 pm »

I just upgraded my Living room AV System which is my secondary viewing room. So I've not necessarilty paid much attention to it as I do with detail in my Theater. But i just installed a SONY XR-65A90J OLED, a new PC with an AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 5750GE with Radeon Graphics, 3.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, a new receiver, etc. It's been about two weeks and I still have hickups using some of the advanced setings Red October JRVR....I used suggested settings I found on here that seem to work well....but then all of a sudden I develop problems. It worked well for the last 3-4 days but then last night....not having chnged anyting.... the video began stuttering while watching SD 1080 video I downloaded. Same shows I had watched some of over the weekend. Again, I did not change anything last night....but when i switched to Red Oct MadVR it worked smoothly. I know there's a million variables and I've spent hours now trouble shooting and experimenting, etc. I thought i had it to a good point till last evening. I have been working with AV equipment for many years now and get around better than the average guy but I do not understand most anything beyond the surface. Quite frustrating.

I also don't know how the settings in JRiver may be adversly imacting whatever the settings are on the SONY. That leads to my main question.......I have my calibrator coming into town to touch up my projector in my theater and plan on having him calibrate the SONY.......I suspect I should actually hand off all processing responsibility to the SONY. I'm not even sure exactly how I would do that though I could try to replicate the settings on  my theater PC that someone else manages (kind of confusing). Any way.....was hoping to get some advice how to manage this system to get the best performance out of it while not needing to tweak it often........

bogdanbz

• World Citizen
Re: JRiver Video Processing with a SONY XR-65A90J
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2022, 08:51:23 am »

I also have the same TV set and I'm using JRVR since last November. The stutter you are experiencing might be due to using too resource intensive video scaling and processing options in JRVR for the CPU integrated graphics. I would advise to just use Jinc as the upscaling algorithm, disable SuperRes (it doesn't actually give any perceptual visual benefit as far as I can see) and disable the double height scaling special option. You may also disable the dithering, or at least use something else than blue noise.

Manfred

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRiver Video Processing with a SONY XR-65A90J
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2022, 11:43:19 am »

WS (AMD Ryzen 7 5700G, 32 GB DDR4-3200, 2x2 TB SDD, LG 34UC98-W)-USB|ADI-2 DAC FS|Canton AM5 - File Server (i3-3.9 GHz, 16GB ECC DDR4-2400, 46 TB disk space) - Media Renderer (i3-3.8 GHz, 8GB DDR4-2133, GTX 960)-USB|Devialet D220 Pro|Audeze LCD 2|B&W 804S|LG 4K OLED )
Pages: [1]   Go Up