INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zone Icons  (Read 713 times)

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
Zone Icons
« on: April 28, 2022, 07:37:46 pm »

So yesterday I was looking at various options available in the zones context menu, and I saw this menu item: Paste Playing Now Image from Clipboard. And I thought, hmmm, I wonder what that does. Paste Playing Now Image where? So I clicked it. Turns out, it uses whatever image is on your clipboard at that moment (which may have nothing to do with the image being shown in the playing now window), and replaces the default zone icon (square button with a play triangle in the center) to the left of the zone name.

I thought that was kind of neat but ultimately not something I really wanted.  I launched the right-click menu again, assuming there would be an option to remove it… Nope.  All right… Let's delete the zone and then re-create it. I did, but the icon with the pasted image came right back with it. When I renamed the zone to a different name, the image reverted to the default icon, and I thought great, that fixed that. But as soon as I changed the name back to my preferred zone description, the dreaded pasted image returned as well. I went through the cycle several times, foolishly thinking that it would eventually go away - again, no such luck.

Determined to rid myself of this image that made no sense for that zone, I searched various MC folders to see if I could discover where the interloper was being kept. Turns out, these little custom icons are stored in the library folder C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 29\Small Icons.  I deleted the image file inside (which helpfully had the same name as my zone), refreshed the zone view, and Voilà, the default icon was reinstated and stayed put.

Just thought I would share this little story in case anybody else had also gone down this path, but hadn't figured out how to get rid of the custom image. Or perhaps this will help those who were unaware of this option, and now being made aware of it, would like to add custom images that match the zone (e.g. a headphone image for a headphone zone).

toulev

Re: Zone Icons
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2022, 03:04:04 am »

Thanks a lot, went through the same procedure, just to discover the same and afterwards read your post, at least I am not the only one  :o

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
Re: Zone Icons
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2022, 09:02:15 am »

Wow… I had completely forgotten about this post!  I'm glad at least one person read it and found it at least marginally useful, if only to confirm the same outcome/experience.

JRiver really should add a context menu item to remove the pasted image versus having to drill down six layers deep in the users folder and have to delete it from there. Unfortunately, since this thread is not the current MC version, I don't imagine very many people, much less the developers, will even see it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up