INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to easily create new tags?  (Read 806 times)

rogueblue

• World Citizen
How to easily create new tags?
« on: April 30, 2022, 04:24:01 am »

Hi

I'm wanting to add custom tags to easily find grouped videos for different reasons ... is there an easy way to make new tags, ideally directly from the video itself, or otherwise from the Tag panel?
I've looked through the Tag panel, tried working out how to do this, but got lost and unsure ... tried selecting "custom" tag, but then the custom only appkies to one field ... I'm confused by how it works.

As an example, if I for instance select a couple of videos and create a tag for them "fav teaching vids", is there an easy way to do this and then be able to browse and find these via tags?
Also, is it possible to remove a lot of the default tags which I don't feel I would ever use?

TIA

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to easily create new tags?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2022, 05:05:54 am »

To create your own tags, go to:
Tools > Options > Library & Folders > Manage Library Fields

Click the "Add Field" button.

Next, add your new fields anywhere you need them, and populate them.

zybex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2022, 05:27:19 am »

What you describe can be done with the existing [Keywords] field, which allows you to add multiple tags (values) to one or more files.
If you don't want to change this field, then you can create a new one as Marko described - make sure to set the Data Type and Edit Type of the new field to "List", and check the "default search field" checkbox so that the field values show up in searches.

rogueblue

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2022, 05:31:20 am »

To create your own tags, go to:
Tools > Options > Library & Folders > Manage Library Fields

Click the "Add Field" button.

Next, add your new fields anywhere you need them, and populate them.

Thanks found it

rogueblue

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2022, 05:31:49 am »

What you describe can be done with the existing [Keywords] field, which allows you to add multiple tags (values) to one or more files.
If you don't want to change this field, then you can create a new one as Marko described - make sure to set the Data Type and Edit Type of the new field to "List", and check the "default search field" checkbox so that the field values show up in searches.

That sounds promising, thanks, will try it out
Pages: [1]   Go Up