INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wireless DLNA Speakers  (Read 2235 times)

drewh111

• Recent member
Wireless DLNA Speakers
« on: April 30, 2022, 12:40:44 pm »

I am looking for a reasonably priced DLNA wireless speaker.  Sony used to makes some decent ones Srsx7 and 9.  but now only support Bluetooth.  Seems that the industry has let go of DLNA for that market.

B&O is way too expensive so any suggestions would be great. 

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Looking Busy
Re: Wireless DLNA Speakers
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2022, 09:24:43 pm »

I have a JBL Authentics L8 which is a fantastic DLNA Speaker and works beautifully with JRiver MC.

They are EoL but you can still find some if you hunt around.

https://www.jbl.com.au/JBLL8BLKJN.html?bvroute=Reviews%2FshowHelpfulPositive

http://www.vtccomputers.com/view/JBL-Authentics-L8---New-.3722.html

barrettisgold

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2022, 02:57:34 am »

I’d also be interested in any suggestions people have. The JBL looks like a good option.

DJLegba

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2022, 04:15:06 am »

Not sure if it's in your budget range, but the Naim Muso Qb is much cheaper than the B&O.

barrettisgold

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2022, 01:33:38 am »

Thanks for the suggestion @DJlegba! I hadn’t considered the Naim and will look into it.

Manfred

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2022, 02:02:06 pm »

WS (AMD Ryzen 7 5700G, 32 GB DDR4-3200, 2x2 TB SDD, LG 34UC98-W)-USB|ADI-2 DAC FS|Canton AM5 - File Server (i3-3.9 GHz, 16GB ECC DDR4-2400, 46 TB disk space) - Media Renderer (i3-3.8 GHz, 8GB DDR4-2133, GTX 960)-USB|Devialet D220 Pro|Audeze LCD 2|B&W 804S|LG 4K OLED )

barrettisgold

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2022, 04:34:37 am »

Thanks for the suggestion @Manfred The Devialet also looks like a nice option. I'm looking for an something that is seamless with JRemote once set up. Currently I have a Marshall Acton wireless speaker which requires a long winded process of running Rogue Amoeba's Satellite app on a Mac Mini that is hosting JRiver. Sometimes it disconnects and it feels like there is a lot of switching between apps and waiting for connection. Do you have experience with the Phantom and JRiver working smoothly, i.e. open JRemote selected the Zone and that is all that is required?

@DJLegba How about the Naim Muso QB, do you have experience with it playing nice with JRiver?

I was looking at the Audio Pro C10 MKII, anyone had experience with this model? I believe it supports DLNA.

https://www.audiopro.com/en/product/addon-c10-mkii/#black

Appreciate your help.

DJLegba

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2022, 05:48:30 am »

@DJLegba How about the Naim Muso QB, do you have experience with it playing nice with JRiver?

JRiver Media Center finds the MuSo as soon as it's added to the network (either wired or wireless). The MuSo has its own app, which I almost never use. I use either JRemote or MO4Media (which is much better than JRemote2 for Android) to control Media Center playback on the MuSo.

Manfred

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2022, 11:50:59 am »

Do you have experience with the Phantom and JRiver working smoothly,
No. I have Devialet Expert Line. UPnP works fine for me with my D220 Pro. I would expect that they share the same code base, but that's an assumption. You can read along the devialet chat forum:
http://devialetchat.com/
WS (AMD Ryzen 7 5700G, 32 GB DDR4-3200, 2x2 TB SDD, LG 34UC98-W)-USB|ADI-2 DAC FS|Canton AM5 - File Server (i3-3.9 GHz, 16GB ECC DDR4-2400, 46 TB disk space) - Media Renderer (i3-3.8 GHz, 8GB DDR4-2133, GTX 960)-USB|Devialet D220 Pro|Audeze LCD 2|B&W 804S|LG 4K OLED )

Richard Martin

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2022, 11:56:51 am »

I have a Bose Soundtouch 10 and a 20.  Both work well with JRiver.  I don't know if they are still available new, but there are plenty on eBay (in the UK).

barrettisgold

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2024, 01:37:28 am »

Just a follow up to say I picked up a Naim Muso QB 2 on eBay. I was lucky to get it for about half the price of a new one but it seemed brand new when it arrived, full packaging etc. It was very easy to set up and sounds great.

I’m very pleased for it to replace the Marshall Acton speaker I had. I wasn’t happy with the sound and it was a faff to use with JRiver. It also would randomly restart, frustrating. It did work  well as a preset internet radio though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up