INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC29 + SONY AVR 7.2 + RX 580 HDMI = Dropouts on Startup  (Read 928 times)

nebulix

• Recent member
MC29 + SONY AVR 7.2 + RX 580 HDMI = Dropouts on Startup
« on: May 05, 2022, 01:51:40 pm »

Hello all.  Just upgraded to MC29 on Windows 10. I use a dedicated PC with a 4K video card to play just movies and music.

Also changed up my hardware a bit:  Instead of my old Xonar card for audio, I'm now using a DP port on my video card (XFX AMD Radeon RX 580 GTS) for 7.1 audio to my Sony AVR (STR-DH710) HDMI port. (I have bitstreaming turned off, so everything shows up as PCM on the Sony.)

For the mostpart, everything works fine and sounds amazing.  The only problem is on startup. Whether movies or music, it's always the same thing:
1. First time I start it, there's no sound at all.
2. Second time, there's sound for 3 seconds, then silence.
3. Third time I start it, it's OK, and plays for the entire duration of the movie without a single dropout or stutter.
(So that's Play the file, Stop the file.  Three times, and then it works.  I don't have to exit MC29)

I've tried a variety of cables, then opted for a short, high-quality DP to HDMI cable rated at 4K@60Hz, which I thought for sure would fix it, but no dice.

I've tried a variety of MC settings:
- bitstream on/off
- play a little silence on DOP stop
- buffering to 250 ms
- all four memory playback modes
- prebuffering 6-20s
- play silence at startup 1/4s to 2s
- disable display from turning off HDMI - on/off
- sox on/off

Not sure what else to try.

I'm using the AMD High Definition Device WASAPI driver in MC29.

I should mention: the Radeon RX 580 video card has 3 x DP and 1 x HDMI outputs.  I'm using the HDMI output dedicated to video on my 4K panel.  I'm using one of the DP ports for dedicated audio to the Sony AVR. Nothing in the other ports. Windows seems to like everything.

As I said, everything works fine, I just have the do the little "startup dance" every time.  Seems to be some initial sync issue.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Pages: [1]   Go Up