INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote - How to separate different albums with the same title  (Read 881 times)

seamonster

• Recent member

When displaying JRemote: Recent Albums,  different albums with the same title (i.e., "Yesterday Once More" by the Carpenters and "Yesterday Once More" by Nicki Parrott) are shown stacked on top of each other and showing only the cover art of the album on top.  This is pretty annoying especially there are more than two different albums carrying the same title.

Is there a way to seperate albums with same title but by different artists in JRemote: Recent Albums?  I know a way is to add a space to the title of one album to cheat JRemote to think it is a different album and not stacking the albums.  But this is pretty stupid.  Is there a feature to ask JRemote not to stack albums on top on each other?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRemote - How to separate different albums with the same title
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2022, 07:49:24 am »

On the server, right click and unstack.

seamonster

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2022, 05:22:08 am »

Thanks.  Need more specific advice.  When you say server, where is it.  You mean the PC where JRiver MediaCentere 29 is installed?  Under OPtion?

DJLegba

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2022, 06:16:32 am »

I don't think there is a solution other than your hack of changing the title. Unstacking on the server makes no difference.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2022, 06:21:58 am »

Thanks.  Need more specific advice.  When you say server, where is it.  You mean the PC where JRiver MediaCentere 29 is installed?  Under OPtion?

Yes.  Read the wiki on "Stacks". 

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2022, 06:22:08 am »

JRemote does not have any of its own album logic that I'm aware of, it just shows what MC delivers in its views.

If Albums clump together, its likely because its a rather simple view just on the album library field, which just takes the name with no care of any other context. You could use an "Artist Album" view, which combines both the artist name and album name to differentiate them, or anyhting of that nature without needing to edit anything.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

DJLegba

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2022, 07:03:14 am »

The MC "Album" and "Recent" views use only [Album], and neither is stacking albums with the same name from different artists. Perhaps I used the unstack feature long ago. However, my "remote" views for "Album" and "Recent" both use [Album] and then [Album Artist]. Both show the stacked view, but at least when I tap that album I then see each album separately. I'm fine with this workaround. If you don't add [Album Artist] to the remote views then both albums open to play when you tap the stack. I suppose I could use a computed field to have both albums display separately at the top level, but I actually prefer stacked with the ability to then select one or the other. However, if MC knows how to separate the albums (perhaps because they were unstacked) it should be able to deliver that information to the remotes.

seamonster

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2022, 01:11:19 am »

JRemote does not have any of its own album logic that I'm aware of, it just shows what MC delivers in its views.

If Albums clump together, its likely because its a rather simple view just on the album library field, which just takes the name with no care of any other context. You could use an "Artist Album" view, which combines both the artist name and album name to differentiate them, or anyhting of that nature without needing to edit anything.

Thanks.  How do you add "Artist Album" to the "Recent" view on the JRemote?

DJLegba

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2022, 07:01:32 am »

Thanks.  How do you add "Artist Album" to the "Recent" view on the JRemote?

Tools | Options | Media Network | Advanced
...Customize views for JRemote, Gizmo & Panel...

Items To Show: Click "Recent"
Then on the right under "Show Categories In This Order" click "Add..." and add [Album Artist]

seamonster

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2022, 10:58:16 am »

Thanks for the help.

No, it does not work. I already tried this and even added both “album artist” and “artist”.  JRemote still shows albums of same name stacked together.  Is this a JRemote bug or oversight? It seems it is reasonable to split these albums in the “recent” view rather than stacking them together and showing cover art of one album. 

Can someone from JRiver address this?

DJLegba

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2022, 11:17:10 am »

Thanks for the help.

No, it does not work. I already tried this and even added both “album artist” and “artist”.  JRemote still shows albums of same name stacked together.  Is this a JRemote bug or oversight? It seems it is reasonable to split these albums in the “recent” view rather than stacking them together and showing cover art of one album. 

Can someone from JRiver address this?

It does show the albums stacked, but at least this way when you select the stack it will then show two separate albums, and you can select the album you want to listen to. Without the album artist category it will show all tracks lumped together as a single album - and play them that way.

seamonster

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2022, 11:47:37 am »

I really hope JRiver can address this to to give user the choice to list different albums with the same name separately. I actually don’t see the logic of stacking them together under “recent” view.  In this view i want to list my latest imported albums first.
Pages: [1]   Go Up