INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Volume changes in different rooms  (Read 209 times)

forbigd

• Galactic Citizen
Volume changes in different rooms
« on: May 12, 2022, 08:19:11 am »

Hello all, I have had this maddening problem for years. I really don't think it is "caused" by MC, but maybe there is something that can be done.
Thanks for reading.
MC runs in the front room and is attached to a 8x8 Matrix HDMI Switcher. It adds nothing to the sound. The output is routed to a nice Denon receiver which drives a pretty large array of speakers (Atmos)... The 8X8 also feeds the garage, which has it's own Denon receiver and a nice 5.1 speaker setup. Both receivers are set to the same sound field, etc, basically the same.  Different material plays at different volume in different places. It is so frustrating.
Example. We watch movie "X" in both rooms. Me going back and forth to the garage but keeping up with the movie. The bride stays in the family room.
Movie ends and I settle in next to bride to choose the next video. This one is a older tv episode. The volume in the family room is just fine, about the same levels as the movie. But in the garage things are shaking and I can hear dialog louder out there than in the family room. Someone has to get up and go out there and turn it down. Or folks that go back and forth have to adjust the volume when they go in, and turn it back to zero when they leave.
Best I can tell it is some difference between the sound format played. Most movies are quiet and most TV is louder, but some shows, especially older stereo (not surround) will be absurdly loud. Most movies have at least 5.1. So the garage plays 5.1 ish material fine, but the 2.0 older stuff is really loud, but only on the one receiver, not both. What could I be missing?

Thanks

Don
Pages: [1]   Go Up