INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Spotlight page "Web page viewing is not supported on this platform" upgrade.  (Read 989 times)

kfrank

• Junior Woodchuck

I recently upgraded from MC 28  to MC 29 and I now receive the following error whenever I click on the spotlight button or any of the links at the top of the spotlight page.
Please see attachment. Any help would be appreciated.
I am  running Linux mint Linux Mint 20.3 Cinnamon with the 5.4.0-110-generic Linux Kernel.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe

MC needs to be able to get the web browser plugin from the internet for MC29.
If your MC28 was the final build, I don't think it's changed (not certain about this).
If so you can copy the folder from your MC28 ~/.jriver/Media\ Center\ 28/Plugins dir to the same place in MC29.

kfrank

• Junior Woodchuck

Thanks Bob,
That Plugins folder and its contents are in the ~/.jriver/Media Center 29 folder already.
When you say "needs to be able to get the web browser plugin from the internet"
I am behind a firewall is there a port that I may have blocked that needs to be open for JRiver to go out and get the plugin?
If that isn't the problem is there a way to manually install the required plugin?

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe

Thanks Bob,
That Plugins folder and its contents are in the ~/.jriver/Media Center 29 folder already.
When you say "needs to be able to get the web browser plugin from the internet"
I am behind a firewall is there a port that I may have blocked that needs to be open for JRiver to go out and get the plugin?
If that isn't the problem is there a way to manually install the required plugin?
If the directory
~/.jriver/Media\ Center\ 29/Plugins/linux_chromium64
is populated then you have the plugin.

Otherwise MC uses a simple https call to get the plugin.
Pages: [1]   Go Up