INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rebuilding Cover Art Remotely  (Read 1112 times)

Afrosheen

• Galactic Citizen
Rebuilding Cover Art Remotely
« on: May 12, 2022, 07:44:05 pm »

Is there a way to send a remote command to rebuild cover art when I have changed via FTP? 

i.e. I have ForkLift open and then I go to the album that I am tagging and then upload a cover art image.  I then sync the changes to the library from the client MC so that the changed tags are saved.  But I can't do that for any cover art changes.  Am I missing a hidden command somewhere that would allow me to do this?  Thanks for the consideration!

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Rebuilding Cover Art Remotely
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2022, 08:35:25 pm »

Is there a way to send a remote command to rebuild cover art when I have changed via FTP? 

i.e. I have ForkLift open and then I go to the album that I am tagging and then upload a cover art image.  I then sync the changes to the library from the client MC so that the changed tags are saved.  But I can't do that for any cover art changes.  Am I missing a hidden command somewhere that would allow me to do this?  Thanks for the consideration!
Is it the thumbnail that needs rebuilding?
Do you see it on the library server side but not the client side?

Afrosheen

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2022, 02:41:41 am »

Is it the thumbnail that needs rebuilding?
Do you see it on the library server side but not the client side?
Yes, the thumbnail needs to be rebuilt, but none of the "Cover Art" commands seem to work on the client side, i.e. "Rebuild Thumbnail" or "Quick Find in File / Cover Art Directory."  I can get it to update if I update the files by using the host MC via the web VNC, but that is such a laggy process that I am hoping that I can somehow do that via the client MC.  I'm not adding or changing the file structure from the client; I just want the client to tell the host to scan the directory for cover art changes.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2022, 04:19:26 pm »

Yes, the thumbnail needs to be rebuilt, but none of the "Cover Art" commands seem to work on the client side, i.e. "Rebuild Thumbnail" or "Quick Find in File / Cover Art Directory."  I can get it to update if I update the files by using the host MC via the web VNC, but that is such a laggy process that I am hoping that I can somehow do that via the client MC.  I'm not adding or changing the file structure from the client; I just want the client to tell the host to scan the directory for cover art changes.
We've added this to the most recent build. Thanks for the suggestion!
If the image is in the file tag only you can simply do "Rebuild Thumbnail" on the client.
If it's in a Folder.jpg, the "Quick Find ..." on the client will do the job.

You'll need an updated client and server MC.
At least version 29.0.50 for linux or Mac.
At least version 29.0.51 for Windows (when it's generally available).

Pages: [1]   Go Up