INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Resolution  (Read 1044 times)

Shasta Mike

• World Citizen
Resolution
« on: May 13, 2022, 12:44:04 pm »

I am using Win10 Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) to connect from my laptop or PC to the Id.  I have tried using different resolution settings in RDC but they all look the same when connecting to the ID.  The Id display fonts are large or like what you get when using low resolution settings on a PC display.  The Id fonts are roughly twice as large in MC compared to my laptop or PC.  While usable the way it is, lots of the display is off-screen and cannot be seen and very cumbersome to use.

What is the easiest way to change the Id resolution so I can see more of MC when viewing it over RDC?

BradATIMA

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Resolution
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2022, 01:16:27 pm »

Do you have the Id booted in GUI mode?

Do you have a monitor connected to the Id?

Does it look the same if you try connecting to it with something like Tiger VNC?

Shasta Mike

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2022, 01:35:12 pm »

Do you have the Id booted in GUI mode?
  yes

Do you have a monitor connected to the Id?
No

Does it look the same if you try connecting to it with something like Tiger VNC?
  I don't know - never used or heard of Tiger VNC and only use RDC

BradATIMA

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2022, 02:07:11 pm »

Try rebooting the Id in Headless Text mode (Option 2 from the Id Main Menu). Then try connecting to it with remote desktop and see if the resolution is fixed.

Shasta Mike

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2022, 03:08:00 pm »

Try rebooting the Id in Headless Text mode (Option 2 from the Id Main Menu). Then try connecting to it with remote desktop and see if the resolution is fixed.
yes, that did the trick.  I tried that a week ago and couldn't reconnect even after waiting over ten minutes and figured option 2 didn't work so did a hard reboot just to get back in. 

The Id did that again today on the first try and I had to do a hard restart with the Id power button since the drive had stopped trying to load anything and it had been over 10 minutes.  Upon that reboot I tried option 2 again and this time it came up. 

Thank-you
Pages: [1]   Go Up