INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: convert multi-Channel to stereo in DSP when Set to DSD output?  (Read 407 times)

jctcom

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Rush - Styx - Yes - Porcupine Tree - Staple Food!

Hi all.

So I have finally found a good setting to play my high res files to my Yahama RX-A2A receiver via I guess it would be a built in DLNA renderer? over the network. 

I have created a DLNA profile for it which outputs to DSD X 4 (Though it only seems to output DSD for actual DSD files? FLAC still outputs as flac etc...
One issue I have run into is I guess my DAC (Like most) only supports Dual Channel.  It craps out if it receives a multi-channel source and I have lots of multi-Channel source.

The DSP setting allow us to select the number of channels being output unless the output is set to DSD.  It seems like once you set it to DSD of any type then the Channels output options are disabled.

Am I missing something?  Is there a reason why we can't set Multi-Channel to be converted to stereo when outputting via DSD or DSF?

The only way I have found to be able to use the higher quality output is to create playlists that specifically exclude any tracks with more than 2 channels.  But that means there is a lot of my music that would never get played.

In any case if anyone knows of a way to convert from Multi-Channel to Stereo when outputting to DSD / DSF please let me know.

I would love to remove the 2-channel restriction for my high res files playlists.

Thanks.

kr4

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: convert multi-Channel to stereo in DSP when Set to DSD output?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2022, 10:50:24 am »

Am I missing something?  Is there a reason why we can't set Multi-Channel to be converted to stereo when outputting via DSD or DSF?
AFAIK, DSP cannot be applied to DSD.  If you need DSP for your DSF, you need to convert it to PCM.
Kal Rubinson
"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile
Pages: [1]   Go Up