INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Subtitles appear as default on live tv - have to be turned off every time  (Read 1710 times)

mistergiles

• Recent member

Whenever I watch live TV, when I first turn on a channel the subtitles also appear.  When I right click and select subtitles, it displays 'off' with a tick against it, but this can't be correct as the subtitles are on; if I then click on 'off' the subtitles disappear.  But as soon as I change channel, the subtitles appear again and have to be turned off again.  The subtitles never appear by default on any recorded TV programmes, only on live TV.  I've looked at all the settings but can't find anything that turns them off by default.  I've tried altering the settings under Options / Video, including 'do not show subtitles' mode, but this makes no difference.  And I don't get subtitles by default on DVDs or any other video types - this issue only affects live TV.  Is there a TV setting somewhere that I'm not aware of?  Incidentally, I'm in the UK, and I watch terrestrial DVB broadcasts.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Subtitles appear as default on live tv - have to be turned off every time
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2019, 03:34:12 pm »

Thanks for reporting the issue.  I will look into it.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Wull

• World Citizen

Was this ever resolved. It's happening to me too. When ever I change channel subtitles are displayed, even though they have previously been turned off?

Wull

• World Citizen

To be fair, I've just tried using, JRiver/TV on my office PC, and the subtitles are not displayed when changing channel.

edit. Fresh install fixes this. But as soon as I 'Restore library' I'm back to square one. So I have two choices. It would take me a while to configure JRiver to my setup from fresh, so I think I'll live with this issue for now.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!

I think your old library might have subtitles enabled for certain channels.  This is part of Playback Info tag for each channel.  Each time you manually enable or disable subtitles during playback of a channel, the result is saved for the channel.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up