INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What rule to use to exclude specific folders for smartlist?  (Read 821 times)

Lunatique

• World Citizen

I'm having trouble creating a smartlist that does what I want.

What I want is a smartlist that contains only songs in English. I have folders in my music collection in Korean, Chinese, and Japanese, and I want to exclude those from the smartlist. However, I tried using filename (path) "does not contain" or "is not" or "does not start with" and none of them worked. I made sure to add the parenthesis to include all the folders I want to exclude too.

Here's a screenshot (image attached).

What am I doing wrong?

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: What rule to use to exclude specific folders for smartlist?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2022, 06:41:11 am »

If all your songs n English are in a folder, or series of folders, that Contain(s) the word "English" in its name, then instead of excluding all the other folders you can use "Filename(path) Contains English".
Basically instead of telling the SmartList all the Folders to ignore simply tell it the one(s) that you want to include.
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

Lunatique

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2022, 11:38:26 am »

Unfortuntely, all the English songs are simply organized in folders by genre, and there are many folders, so excluding is easier.

Is there a reason why my setting isn't working? How do I fix it?

Lunatique

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2022, 01:30:09 pm »

Someone just PMd me and gave me to solution. It's simply to remove the parenthesis, because they act as "or" instead of "and". I tried it and it worked.

zybex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2022, 05:26:40 am »

For better filtering, you could instead tag all your files with the language in the [Language] field, then you can easily filter all files by language, have a view with a language breakdown, or create that playlist by excluding languages instead of folders. That way there's no need to keep fixing the smartlists when you add new content.
Pages: [1]   Go Up